PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
I enjoy the firearms as well as pipes, and I just finished a project of mine.

Below is a Gen 4 Glock 19 MOS with a Vortex Viper Mini Red Dot and set of DP suppressor hight sights (in case of MRD failure). I saw it's complete but I'm already contemplating a trigger replacement. I know there are a few others here who enjoy theses sorts of things.
256EBABE-72D7-46BA-8F71-D035413A0C9A_zps3c5fgqhd.jpg

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Ooo I like that. I plan on getting a glock for my next pistol. I only have a cheap hi point 9 mm. I do plan on modding it. I like what you did to yours.
20170324_135917.jpg

murica

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2017
The newest project. And yes, they never end when you begin.
[url='http://i.imgur.com/WQUewrz' t=_self]
WQUewrz.jpg'
[/url]

murica

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2017
Brad.
That's some fine work on that 1911. I just picked up the springfield 1911 RO edition. Shoots like a dream. Thats for sure.

cabinfever

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2016
I'm not really into tactical tupperwear. IMHO, one doesn't need a lot of gismos to protect oneself at self-defense distances. But, that's just me.
This is my carry pistol. It doesn't even have conventional sights.
100_0038.jpg

Mar 1, 2014
I've never owned any guns (Typical Canadian) but when I did go to the range once the 45 Revolver was far and away the best gun they had, for a guy who only fired a few dozen bullets in his entire life, being able to pull back the hammer manually and operate the gun with a short trigger throw made all the difference in the world.
Can you guys actually get anything close to the same accuracy with a Glock as with older designs?

texmexpipe

Oct 20, 2014
I love all firearms! Plastic, cast iron, you name it! In all seriousness I own several different types of handguns and carry each of them from time to time. You can't beat a good 1911, it is a proven design. I'm not a big fan of wheel guns for much more than plinking, though I've considered pickup one of the S&W M&P 38s that they have put. The Kimber is a nice gun for sure, and I'd be happy to carry one anyday. Brad those grips are beautiful to be sure. As for accuracy I've found that the gun is rarely the issue, at least personally speaking.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Tex..nice glock

Brad.. your son did a nice job, WAY more patience than I have!

Cabin...up close & personal.

Still wish I never sold my Colt 1911 that a local smithy spent some time on. but what the heck..not really.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Cabin Fever - That is a perfect carry weapon. Stripped down is the way to go if you're trying to conceal. I carry a S&W M&P Shield 9... no safety.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
S&W Snub Nose 38. If I can't kill close up with that, the last round is for me...

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Nice work on the Glock. I like Vortex sights and that is a great set up.

Just got a Freedom Arms 97 in .357 mag

Per my stated intention in the Eltang pipe thread where the pipe sold for around $2150 as I recall.

I dropped out on the Eltang at $1,750 and said I would get a Freedom Arms single action

It cost around $2,500 delivered so I probably could have got the pipe, but I got the gun instead

So that is off the bucket list. Always wanted a Freedom Arms single action.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I love that Glock "Safe Action Trigger" system. Don't want it to discharge? Don't pull the trigger. What could be simpler? Sort of reminds me of the safety on my beloved Colt Single Action Armies. Don't want to put a hole in someone? Don't cock the hammer, point it at them, and pull the trigger!

pipedreamin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 25, 2016
For Anthony:) Sig with 460 Rowland conversion, just because and a Rinaldo Skipper Sahara...

3a313d70-3a95-4f1c-8338-c9f343306554_zpsym3w0esm.png

tinsel

Oct 23, 2015
Can you guys actually get anything close to the same accuracy with a Glock as with older designs?
95% of all the guns ever built are more accurate than the person holding them. Only among the very best shooters does the accuracy of the gun itself start to actually become a factor.
For most people, the most accurate gun is the one they are most comfortable with. For some, that's an old wheel gun. For others, its a modern polymer weapon.
If you were most comfortable at the range with a single action .45, you might consider giving a Colt or Springfield model 1911 a try. Semi auto, single action .45 caliber weapon and a favorite of many (including me).
Of course it goes without saying that this is all just my opinion, take it for what it's worth. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.