PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
After a couple "lessons", I only purchase from the blue chip sellers. I'd rather pay a small premium to know what I'm getting from someone with a vast knowledge of pipes and who stands by their word. Since adopting this policy I've not had a single problem.

May 4, 2015
I'd rather pay a small premium to know what I'm getting from someone with a vast knowledge of pipes and who stands by their word.
Good strategy - one I'd only stray from for an "unsmoked" estate pipe.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
I sell on Ebay all they time, have around 800 (cant remember off the top of head) feedback, most from pipes. Never once cheated someone or screwed someone over. I personally have only been "burned" once..Took a chance spent the five bucks on the pipe...No harm no fowl.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
Type pipestud into the browser
+1
First I research the maker and figure out what pipes I want i.e. Dunhill, Savinelli etc, and the vintage, the transition and pretransition etc, etc. Once I know what to look for I will search in Tobacciana by make to see whats out there

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
If you don't clean and sanitize pipes yourself I recommend Stem and Briar's pipe rejuvenation service, give em a look, I believe they also sell estate pipes
http://www.stemandbriar.com/resotration

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Give Briarblues.com a try. It's Jesse Jones' new site and he has a nice variety of estates that he has refurbished. Also, if you buy a pipe from him he offers one re-furbish a year free of charge. Nice touch!

Aug 14, 2012
May I suggest you search Bruces Cameras and Estate Pipes on Ebay. No junk. (I hope I am allowed to say this).

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Did Jesse Jones buy Briar Blues from Mike? I have always seen Mike Glukler's name on that. Either way, Briar Blues has always been a great place to score estate pipes and Mike's knowledge of Castello's is **Awesome!**
I buy from a lot of people. Steve (Pipestud) and Marty (Pulver) are probably the two single biggest contributors to my pipe collection. I have purchase quite a few on here from members as well.
There used to be a guy on here who sold Savinelli's that seemingly 'fell of the back of a truck'. You could get smoking deals from that guy.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Give Briarblues.com a try. It's Jesse Jones' new site and he has a nice variety of estates that he has refurbished. Also, if you buy a pipe from him he offers one re-furbish a year free of charge. Nice touch!-tschiraldi
Did Jesse Jones buy Briar Blues from Mike? I have always seen Mike Glukler's name on that. Either way, Briar Blues has always been a great place to score estate pipes and Mike's knowledge of Castello's is **Awesome!**-wyfbane
Actually, Mike Glukler continues to own and run his long-standing popular BriarBlues site. Jesse Jones is now co-owner of a new site called The Blue Room and has no affiliation with BriarBlues.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Oh, wow! Sorry, I goofed! Blue Room Briars is what I meant to say. I have both saved as "Favorites" and I wrote the wrong one. Either way, Blue Room Briars, Jesse's site, has quite a variety of estates. You can also buy new artisan pipes there including his own. Sorry for the mix-up!!! I too have purchased from Marty Pulvers (Great Experience!)and I have bid on several of Pipestud's auctions, but I always lose out because I am at work when the ones I want end! ARRRGH! Again, my apologies to Mike Gluker! I certainly never meant to misrepresent either him or Jesse Jones.

Thank you, Sir, for clearing that up.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Thanks for clarifying, Steve! I am so looking forward to smoking that Fritz Becker I got from you last week. It's all cleaned up and ready to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.