Status
Not open for further replies.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
I know, I know, I know...
I am a horrible Canadian.
No, really, I'm not very good at it. I don't watch hockey, I think Jordan was better at his game than Gretzky was at his, and I don't apologize much.
On top of all of that, until yesterday I didn't own a Brigham. Sure, I've cleaned up and sold a boat-load, but I hadn't yet found one that tickled my fancy. But a recent eBay find cured me of this little issue.
Here it is, at $45 shipped, I think I got a pretty good deal.

-- Pat

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Well it's about bloody time! Great smoking pipes, as you know my favourite is a Chinook. As for your other statements..........well aside from suggesting deportation, we'll just have to let it go at "silly American".

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I have two! Brighams, one thanks to the generosity of Pat, and I love them. I drink beer once in a while, I like maple syrup, I've seen a hockey game, and one of my favorite movies is "Strange Brew". I've even been to Canada a few times.... So does that make me an honorary Canadian? :puffy:

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Andrew, you don't even have an excuse..........please hand over your passport.
Don't worry Andrew, Brian doesn't really mean it. In fact, he'll probably up and apologize in a few minutes for overstepping, and then offer you conciliatory poutine and beaver tails.
For the record, I do drink beer, I love the winter, I have gone ice fishing and I spell colour and flavour with a "u". Which could just mean that I'm from Northern England, but I'm not that sarcastic. Close. But not close enough.
-- Pat

Dec 24, 2012
I don't watch hockey, I think Jordan was better at his game than Gretzky was at his
The first part of this comment is obvious based on the latter part.
You are a complete disgrace for going this long without owning a Brigham. I have reported you to the Canadian embassy. They will conduct a test. If it turns out you hate maple syrup and have an aversion to poutine, then I am afraid that your immediate expulsion from the country will necessarily follow.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
You are a complete disgrace for going this long without owning a Brigham. I have reported you to the Canadian embassy. They will conduct a test. If it turns out you hate maple syrup and have an aversion to poutine, then I am afraid that your immediate expulsion from the country will necessarily follow
My parents tap their own sugar bush and make produce wonderful maple syrup just a few miles from Algonquin Park. I enjoy poutine, but prefer authentic poutine to the stupid crazy gourmet versions of chili cheese fries that are popping up all over the place. I used to deliver the Toronto Star, I've "gone fishing" in the trout tank at the old Toronto Sportsman's Show, and I spent one whole winter living and working in Winnipeg. I think I'm good.
PS - not watching hockey now, doesn't mean I don't understand it, or how it's played. Jordan had a level of control, and fierceness, that Gretzky just couldn't touch.
-- Pat

Dec 24, 2012
Pat, if Gretzky never got a single goal in his NHL career he would still be the all time points leader. 'Nuff said.

alex87

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 30, 2012
Being an expat from northern england now a Canadian I get it haha. I love beer but can't follow hockey. And I do own a Brigham, a Voyageur...but I do need a Chinook. They are great looking pipes. Do the newer Chinooks have the bowl coating? I found my voyageur smokes oddly but I can't pin down why...wondering if it is the coating inside or just my bad you technique?

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Both the Chinook and the Acadian have bowl coatings. Even back when manufacturing was in Toronto, Brigham pipes had a bowl coating. They used to use a simple clay coat. The new bowl coating is clearly an evolution and is charcoal grey in colour.
-- Pat

tallguy

Lurker
Sep 2, 2014
Well... as a fellow canadian... I am ashame to say that I didn't even know that Brigham pipes are made in Canada. :oops:
Well being new to all this, I hope that you will excuse my lack of knowledge and give me a bit of time to go get one... :wink:
I am still in my tobacco tasting phase (so mostly buying tobacco by small amount)...
BTW... who would have been the best hockey player... Gretzky or Lemieux (if he didn't have his back problem) if they had been playing at the same time... :? (just letting the wolf in the den)... :D

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Welcome aboard Pat. I love my chinook as I seem to just copy everything Brian likes
This is true. I just wish I had more pipes to sell you guys.
I am ashame to say that I didn't even know that Brigham pipes are made in Canada.
Don't feel too badly, they are actually made in Italy and France now.
BTW... who would have been the best hockey player...
Jordan.
-- Pat

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
The level of statistical dominance in a true TEAM game (unlike basketball) such as Gretzky possessed is beyond reproach and is unrivaled by any participant in any sport on the planet. Jordan was quite possibly the greatest professional athlete we've seen, but dominance of his sport pales in comparison to Gretzky, honestly it doesn't belong in the same sentence, and I loved Jordan.
As for Lemieux, best one on one pure scorer the game has ever seen. However, woulda shoulda coulda. .....but Gretzky's allure is that he lasted as long in such a fierce sport (once again, unlike basketball) and was such a small man at only 165 lbs and produced and survived for as long as he did shows the pure mastery he had over the sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.