PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
I posted earlier that I didn't have enough billiard pipes. Well, thanks to Numbersix I just ordered a new Stanwell Sterling Smooth 52 pipe. I seem to be partial with pipes that have a metal band on the shank. I think it gives a pipe a little class. Numbersix, thanks again. I wouldn't have found this pipe if not for your help. And, this post would be worthless without a pic so, here it is.

27245.jpg

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
I wasn't a fan of acrylic when I got another stanwell about two years ago but, it has grown on me. I don't have to worry about oxidized stems and I leave my pipe in the truck when I'm at work. In the summer time I'm sure the heat from being in a hot truck isn't good for vucanite. Thanks for the comments guys.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Nice looking Stanwell. I too am a sucker for a polished metal band on a pipe.

frennchy11

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 28, 2011
Very nice! I'm a big fan of the classic shapes and that grain is really nice too. Nice pick up

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Nice pick up Mp31 - that is one gorgeous, classic billiard! Love the grain and I too am partial to metal bands (and I believe that one is sterling)... can't go wrong with a Stanwell. :puffy:

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
When it comes in, I will post a pic of my whole collection. It's grown a little since I last posted pics.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Looks like a beaut and I'm sure it smokes well as it's a Stanwell. I wasn't much a fan of straight billiards until I spied the Peterson Dalkey 106. Now I have that plus the same shape in a Killarney finish. Great smokers those straight billiards.

stanwellman

Might Stick Around
Nov 5, 2011
Nice pipe. I remember when mine looked just like this... . I bought mine in 1994 from the late Mr. Zubitsky, the Canadian Stanwell distributor at the time. 18 years later, the pipe is still the best smoking pipe in my collection and I am smoking it right now as I type this. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.