PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Lord help me, I finally did it. Won't bore you with the whole long story, but will just cut to the chase. PAD got me. Or maybe I should say "PHAD" -- I saw an old Preben Holm IIS on SPC that I convinced myself I can't live without. Just got off the phone with them, & it's coming. More pictures when it gets here, but here's their snap of it for now. My brothers/sisters, I'm home. :)
preben-holm-iis-smooth-bent-dublin-by-preben-holm-150x123.jpg

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
She's a beauty! Absolutely need the tale though. I'll grab the whiskey and my warden, load it up and strike my best listening position to hear it all. The trials and tribulations are what make the ending of every good story worth it!

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Cos', I considered having it stuffed & mounted on the wall, but decided against it.
The story's really pretty boring. I've been looking for a PH that appealed to me for reasonably cheap, & looked at this one as a good way to vaporize a reward card from work that I needed to zap before it expired. The crazy thing is that since it was 95 GW's & we have 6% sales tax here, it ended up being 100.70, which meant that since the card was 100 I had to give them a credit card for, yeah, you guessed it, 70 cents.
See? I told you it was boring. :roll:

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
Anytime you get a pipe and your credit card statement shows $0.70, that's a good day.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
That looks similar to the pipe in your avatar. It fits you. Welcome home to the briar. The pipe finds the man.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Bnichols,
The story's really pretty boring. I've been looking for a PH that appealed to me for reasonably cheap, & looked at this one as a good way to vaporize a reward card from work that I needed to zap before it expired. The crazy thing is that since it was 95 GW's & we have 6% sales tax here, it ended up being 100.70, which meant that since the card was 100 I had to give them a credit card for, yeah, you guessed it, 70 cents.
See? I told you it was boring. :roll:
are you saying gift cards expire where you are? I will agree with bassbug, a .70 pipe day is a good day.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Thanks, embers! I was in a bit of a rush so I didn't take the time to enlarge it. And yeah, Mike, on this one anyway. It was a rewards Visa card my school gives out; they used to have a 1-yr drop dead date, but the last one was just 6 months. It's scheduled to go the way of all flesh tomorrow, so for once target, funds, & motivation all coincided! And right y'all are -- a 70-center makes for a good day, & a 70-cent *PREBEN HOLM* makes for a GUUHHHHHH-RRRRATE one!!!!

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Oh, meant to mention -- they also had one almost exactly like yours, CE, & TBH I came *very* close to buying it, but you know me & all that "swoopy Danish" schtuffz. That's a real looker, though -- me like for sure.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I miss the days, not so long ago, when Holms and Wades could be had for under $100. :(

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Here's how to do the blowup: Just remove the bolded size delimiters, leave no spaces.
http:// pipesmagazine.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/album/18016/preben-holm-iis-smooth-bent-dublin-by-preben-holm-150x123.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.