PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
As a political scientist, I really hate when some one brings up politics in these threads. Most people know little of the definitions for the terms they use. I do agree, though, with having choice and options.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I could live off Condor and Condor only. But I too am glad I have variety as I don’t ever want to get sick of Condor (God forbid).

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
As most people know, I'm a very boring person. I like only burley blends. Everything else is too hot, and tasteless to me. I also am a boring/lazy eater. I could and sometimes do, live off of cheeseburgers. I don't like food with bones, shells, skin, etc. If I have to pick around that stuff, ill just pass it up.

glassjapan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2017
I'm perfectly happy just smoking straight virginia's and virginia/orientals.

Trying to smoke down the cellar to about a dozen blends and would even happier if I could half that amount of blends. But more power to the folks that want a huge variety. It helps to keep everybody in business.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
As a political scientist, I really hate when some one brings up politics in these threads. Most people know little of the definitions for the terms they use. I do agree, though, with having choice and options.
As a business owner and someone with 40 years of hands on business and adult life experience, I hate it when somebody book learned criticizes my intelligence. If you have a problem with my posts, block or ignore me.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I understand there are many blends I would enjoy. I just don't feel the need to find them all. I am content with my few blends of choice. That is not to say a Jim Inks revue can't pique my interest. I simply have no interest in widening my vistas unless there is a need as opposed to a desire. I am a very contented pipe smoker. The guy getting elbows deep into my chest tomorrow wishes I'd find another diversion entirely, though.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
The guy getting elbows deep into my chest tomorrow wishes I'd find another diversion entirely, though.
That sounds serious. Good luck with whatever it is you have going on tomorrow.

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
hoosierpipeguy I have no problem with your tobacco posts. THAT is what we are here to discuss. Your extraneous comments are supposed to be taboo and add nothing but potential venom. Which, BTW, I have none toward you or anyone else here.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I am grateful on this wonderful day to be blessed with you, the awesome Political Scientist, being available to criticize and inform me. Thanks for your unsolicited opinion and for sticking your nose in my business. Have a great weekend.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
This needs to end. You guys are assing up a good thread on one of mso's (as usual) interesting topics. Everybody go smoke a bowl and get over it.

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
In my younger days, growing up in a small rural community, there was little availability unless you traveled to ‘the big city’. I would not say that I was satisfied with SWR or SWR aro but, it made those trips to the city more special. Variety is the spice of life.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I would not say that I was satisfied with SWR or SWR aro but, it made those trips to the city more special.
mso489: "After you've been eating steak a long time,/ beans taste fine."
dcon: "After you've been eating beans a long time,/ steak tastes like a goddamn miracle."
Both applicable for sure. I would add: thank god for the internet. If it didn't exist I would have to drive an hour into Anchorage from where I live to get anything other than smoker's pride or borkum riff. And pay AKs lovely 120% tobacco tax. $30 a tin...........no thanks.

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
alaskanpiper I sympathize with the problem. The B&Ms are long gone from this area and the internet (for now) is a tobacco blessing.

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
I like choices and I find that a blend I didn't like a few years ago, now is the greatest thing since sliced bread. That said...like most of you, I have 3 or 4 go-to blends I stack deep. I have an aro or two and several basic English I would hate to see go by the wayside.

odobenus

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
I continue to be somewhat obsessed with finding and trying new blends, but conversely, the more I've narrowed it down to, say, my top 5, the more contented I've been. It's nice to know what you like.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
My hands are up...just walking through no man’s land on my way to the OP....
I love the variety. My cellar is a shallow lake with a handful of very deep holes. If the lake dries up, I could be happy with the handful of favorite blends I have stockpiled. I hope it doesn’t come to that, but I truly think this Golden Age is burning bright like the candle about to go out.

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
I have my regular "go to" tobaccos. But, I'm glad there are plenty of different options out there. I rarely smoke two consecutive bowls of any tobacco. Being able to try new tobaccos from time to time keeps things interesting.

5star

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2017
PacNW USA
When I first started pipesmoking I tried a lot of blends of different types to see what I liked. I stocked up on those I particularly enjoyed. But, later I would find other blends that I enjoyed more, so would get that. Also, my preferences shift over time. Now I’ve been focusing on English blends with lots of Latakia.
So, for me, there are times when I’ll smoke a dozen varieties of blends in a month. And, there are also times when I’l only smoke one blend during the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.