Female Beauty Icons Then & Now -- (50 years apart)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Emma Watson.

Emma Stone.

Alex Morgan. (Soccer)

Jennifer Lawrence.

Amanda Bynes.

Kiera Knightly.

Natalie Portman.
They're all late 20s/early-mid 30's (except the soccer girl, never heard of her)... They grew up BEFORE the Social Media Age began its feedback loop of "influencers" endlessly trying to one-up each other.
i.e. Shit be different now, yo.

elbert

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 10, 2015
ALL millennials are late 20s/early-mid 30s, I'm just telling you what I grew up with.
Had to Google why Alex Morgan was an idiot. Evidently she hurt somebody's widdle feewings the other day. Oh well. If I had a fraction of her talent I wouldn't be talking about her on the internet right now!

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Had to Google why Alex Morgan ... If I had a fraction of her talent I wouldn't be talking about her on the internet right now!
Isn't it weird that the people most admired in today's world are 1) grown-ups who play children's games unusually well (usually involving a ball); 2) professional deceivers---a.k.a. "actors"---whose job it is to fool people as convincingly as possible while reciting words written by others; and 3) people who have a nice voice and do musical things with it.

elbert

Mar 10, 2015
I couldn't agree with you more, George! That's why I don't use social media or follow sports, and 90 percent of the content I consume is books and podcasts. Lately I've been listening to a lot of Dave Ramsey--because there's nothing sexier than smart money ;)
Everyone is personally responsible for separating themselves from the outrage cycle. It's bad for ya.

ron123

Jan 28, 2015
Park Ridge, IL
Tastes change, apparently LOL. The current fashion of girls with turd cutters twice the width of what was considered hot 20 years ago is completely lost on me...too much junk in the trunks these days.

Jan 8, 2013
The fact that those women might actually believe they look attractive like that, just goes to show you how insane some of these people are.

davek

Mar 20, 2014
Suya-tribe-lip-plate.jpg

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I'm not sure the women posted are being called beauty icons by anybody. Certainly styles change over time, but I would hardly say they are being put on a pedestal as icons.
People can dress or look how they want IMO.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Not sure what George googled but when I searched beautiful woman, I got images like this.
Demi_Rose_Mawby_model_curvy_bare_shoulders_urban-1563731.jpg!d

autumnfog

Lifer
Jul 22, 2018
Sweden
I've learned that there is beautiful women in every country and in all eras.
Now trends, subcultures and bodmods on the extreme side... well, that's acquired taste I guess. :roll:

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I hope some of those exaggerated "features" are photoshopped, and not real. One can hope....
Now, here's a contemporary woman who's not famous, nor a game player. She is smoking my Prince.
xIUAK1G.jpg

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Liz Taylor stopped being attractive back in the 1970s.
Liv Taylor has big lips but is still attractive.

glassjapan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2017
Must be me, but everywhere I look there's beautiful woman IRL, social media or movies and TV. But if you're out there looking for ugly...you'll find it alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.