PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Just got in 2 new and 1 estate Castello plus a new L'Anatra from Maxim. Nice fellow to deal with and I'm very happy with what I received. Even though I think they're butt ugly, I keep hearing how the shape 55's are such great smokers, especially for flake. I liked that craggy Sea Rock so I thought I'd give it a try.
hmWohEE.jpg

Reactions: SpookedPiper

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
You just spent my PAB (Pipe Aquisition Budget) for a very long time. Congrats on the pipes. Am in love with a certain Castello that I might and more probably might not get the chance to conquer. Some of them are gorgeous. Good luck on them.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
The picture didn't show when I first posted. The one I'm eyeing is somewhat similar to the army mount billiard. The Rhodesian is very nice too. Congrats.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
For the most part, I don't purchase Castellos for their beauty. I think there are more aesthetically appealing pipes out there. I simply haven't found anything that consistently smokes better than Castello. Perhaps I need to get out more. LOL I like the look and feel of that L'Anatra, I eyed it for awhile before I pulled the trigger. Maxim had it at a very reasonable price IMHO. I've heard very good things about this brand, this will be my first.
I have some Esoterica Tillbury drying out ready inaugurate one of these beauties. I think the L'Anatra will win the nod. I'll put out some VA Flakes to dry to try the others.

Dec 28, 2015
Ok now your just bragging. But no seriously those look like some wonderful pipes. The one Castello I own is an exceptional smoker. Hope you enjoy them all.

jeffro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2017
I love your rustcated 55 Castello and the sandblast L'Anatra. hoosierpipeguy Congrad's

I have wanted to try both brands but have yet been able to afford them, Some day though, :puffy:

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Beautiful briars my friend! That sea rock 55 is a classic. you will love it.
Maxim is a great guy. You did good.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Those are all really nice...congrats, enjoy.
You just spent my PAB (Pipe Aquisition Budget) for a very long time.
I figure when tobacco becomes sufficiently unobtainable, pipe prices will likely plummet.

Status
Not open for further replies.