PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
Mp31, that may be true (smoking anything you want) but FedEx sure won't be shipping ganja, and neither will the other services.
Actually they do ship it, just no one declares what is "really" in the box. A film collector friend of mine in

CA lives his life the way he wants...so be it...and he and his brother get regular shipments from the Pacific Northwest all the time.
I go out of my way NOT to use F'edEx for anything, so at least for me, F'edEx not shipping tobacco to individuals means not a thing :D

branzig

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2014
You could live in Washington.
Where no parcel service ships tobacco. Period.
:(

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Mp31, that may be true (smoking anything you want) but FedEx sure won't be shipping ganja, and neither will the other services.

Fed ex and all mail services are already one of the biggest shipping agents for illegal drugs.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
They deliver to me every time I order. Fedex, UPS partners with USPS, so you can't complain about one without the other.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've always used USPS and UPS. 'Nothing against FedEx, it's just too expensive. So their not shipping

tobacco products seems an academic point to me personally.

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
I'm late to the party, but I'm only just now catching up in the threads (was sick for a few weeks).
Thanks for the links, Woodsroad.
Talk about shooting the messenger! I mean, literally. The shop that was doing the shipping isn't listed as a defendant (but might be in future). So New York went after FedEx. Sheesh!
Probably just another attack on Native Americans. Manhattan wants it's $27 back, too.
At first I thought maybe it was because they couldn't control who received/ordered the tobacco. Might be minors. But it's not even about the kids anymore? Used to be a good white-hat campaign had to be about saving the kids.
How crass that it's just about NYC losing tax on tobacco sales and charging FedEx with conspiracy to bilk them.

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
A few years back I entered the Samual Adams Longshot Homebrew contest. I had hell shipping that 6 pack and eventually I shipped "Dr. Pepper"... Hard to bend the truth if you are a business shipping day to day. Maybe all of these regulations will lead to a resurgence of local shops? Doubtful. Strange times indeed.

rangerearthpig

Jan 5, 2014
woodsroad wrote: "Those are easy allegations to make.

Care to substantiate them? "
That's easy....Tom Hanks got stranded for YEARS on some uninhabited island with an ice skate and a stupid volleyball, named Wilson. All because of that crappy carrier! Don't you watch the news? :lol:

brudnod

Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
I just sent the following email to customer service at FEDEX:
"I have just heard that you do not ship tobacco products unless you are a licensed dealer or distributor. I am a long time pipe smoker who buys legal products from legal Internet stores. Since I am sure that you ship products that would not be allowed under TSA rules, it is assumed that you are baring tobacco products for some CYA reason. This note is to assure you that I will be using USPS or UPS services from now on. Sorry you will loose my business but I do have principles."
I'll let you know if I get any response. Don't hold your breath...

brudnod

Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
I got a "We regret that we are unable to assist you via this avenue. For immediate assistance, please call our Customer Service representatives at 1.800.Go.FedEx® 800.463.3339" which I will call back tomorrow and see what they have to say. Not encouraged...

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Al Pascia' uses FedEx exclusively for international shipping, hope that doesn't change because their shipping is great for the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.