PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
The very first Good News I have seen on this front.

Republican Senator Mark Meadows, Chair of the House Freedom Caucus, has presented a list of 232 regulations that our incoming President can strike down in his first 100 days of Office.

Included in this list is the FDA Deeming Regulations.

Support this Senator!
"One recommendation would end funding for smoke-free public housing; another would remove tobacco products from the Food and Drug Administration’s purview. “The worst fear of cigar manufacturers and smokers alike has been that the FDA will impose the same onerous premarket review requirements on cigars that it currently places on cigarettes,” the Republicans write."
“These last 8 years, we have seen a disturbing trend of the federal government unnecessarily inserting themselves more and more into the lives of hardworking Americans – and the results have been economically disastrous,” Rep. Meadows said in a press release. “When the American people spoke on November 8, they provided conservatives with an opportunity to restore order in our government and to remove the out-of-control bureaucratic red tape that so often stunts the growth of otherwise successful Americans. My colleagues and I look forward to helping President-elect Trump in any way we can as we work toward the most productive ‘first 100 days’ in modern history. To the working people who have felt the burden of these last 8 years so heavily — help is on the way.”
http://cigar-coop.com/2016/12/cigar-news-congressman-mark-meadows-lists-fda-deeming-rules-cigars-on-proposed-list-of-regulations-to-be-revoked.html

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
Fingers crossed. This goes into much more than our smoking but I won't go into that here.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I agree, TMP. We need a new spirit: let people enjoy life! That includes tobacco. Now get rid of these pesky alcohol taxes and we might be getting somewhere...

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Let us hope they keep looking up in time to save the small businesses who are quitting because of these nutty FDA rules.

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
Too late for Tewksbury in Denver which closed today.
I'm wondering if the other B&M's in the Denver area will soon follow suit.

Hoping that my frequent purchases, in some small way, will help keep them afloat, but their shelf stocks of pipe tobacco are dwindling. One was out of 3 of 4 of the tobacco's that I sought a few days ago. (Cigar sales are their mainstay, though I have not checked their humidor inventories).

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
FDA=Nutty, so did Hope and Change, along with Pant-Suit Mamma. But then again so does telling Ladies and Gentlemen that they can't move their business out of the country, in the name of survival. Yep, let's get back to business being private property, and leaving these patriots/heros/people alone to acquire wealth in private.

Status
Not open for further replies.