PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I'd previously asked Hans if he made any blends in a crumble cake. He had mentioned Fayyum, but at the time had none in stock. Apparently cake is a more labor intensive product and is manufactured in lessor quantities. Anyways, he finally had some and I ordered 9 tins based on his other products and recommendation. There are a few reviews on the review site, but was curious if anyone here has tried it and what you thoughts are?

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
Haven't tried it but it sounds interesting! Can't wait to hear what you think when you get it or anyone else's responses here.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Guy, that's great news! If it's that much better than Penzance this'll be an epic blend!
Jack, I'll let you know.
Thanks!

echie

Can't Leave
Jul 7, 2014
Amsterdam
Looking forward to your review, Nate. I've been dying to try some Hu tobacco, and almost placed a sizeable order a while back. But life happened, I let my best judgement dictate my actions (bastard!), so now I'll have to wait a while...
In the meantime, I'll content myself with reading reviews here, and salivating ;)

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
I like it similar to gaslight but not as complex. It def falls into that heavy Latakia blends but there are other leaves if you search for them. It is quality stuff.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
Peck gifted me a tin of Fayyum Kake. I was excited to get it and smoke it. Unfortunatly, it didn't live up to what I had built up in my mind.
I smoked about 1/4 of the tin, and then put the rest in the box pass for others to try. Gaslight rings my bell, and I'm glad as it's easier for me to obtain.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Thanks for the info guys! I'll likely smoke a tin and put the remainders into deep storage. Some don't like what time does to Latakia, but I've tried 30+ year old lat and I LOVE it. I don't have that kinda time left, but a few years should mellow n marry that Latakia nicely.

jmill208

Lifer
Dec 8, 2013
Maryland USA
I have the Fayyum, but not the kake. If the kake is better, you will be very pleased.
Hans makes some great shit and is a great guy also. Don't be shy, buy from him. :puffy:

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Yeah he's a good guy and makes amazing blends. Jim and myself will be "making" a small batch of a custom VA/PER Krumble Kake with Hans, packaged for Forum members who want to buy one. It'll be awhile, but it was his idea which very serious cool of him. Can't wait! :) next on my list is his Zulu blend, then Edward G, followed by a few of his flake blends.

ahmadothman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
Been trying to seek some of that myself.. Since I heard all praise on it from JimInks..

And also because Fayuum is in Egypt :D

Where can I get some?

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Ahmad, contact Hans directly. I'm not sure if he has any left. It usually sells out before he gets a chance to list it on his site.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
and the choir sang their beautiful song as my lil parcel arrived upon my doorstep... I opened it with great enthusiasm and a bit of sadness due to Hans closing shop :(

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I wish I could share the aroma coming out of this tin. It's the finest tobacco I've ever smelled. It looks like the perfect brownie... because of the wonderful smell, the shape, and consistency... i can't help but be tempted to take a bite of this beautiful Kake!!!

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Having smoked Hans' Director's Cut, I just looked for Fayyum Kake. As Nate said, it ain't listed on the HU site.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
If anyone wishes to try it, I'd be more than happy to send a few samples out. If you like this kinda leaf, it really doesn't get much better. It's a truly beautiful full English lat Kake.

Status
Not open for further replies.