PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluto

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2018
Lots of yesteryears music stars and idols are slowly giving in , fading away or have retired , or worst , expired
So , who is left to carry the torch , a few come to mind for me , they are touring , releasing new albums and doing a great swan song and aging well
Billy gibbons new blues album , stones won a Grammy , deff leopard , Paul carrack , billy Joel , Steve Earle ..

bluto

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2018
Pete Townsend has suffered a hearing loss
Eric Clapton says he is just tired ..

Dec 24, 2012
Saw Billy Joel at Madison Square Gardens last year. Great show. Only a few left on my bucket list - John Prine at the top of the list.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yeah, John Prine from my hometown area (he's Maywood, and I'm Park Ridge, a bicycle ride). Also, Tony Bennett; that old man can sing, and sing with anyone too. Many others, but too many. Leonard Cohen -- went to Montreal on my sixtieth, and he's in the air, the lyrical flow and the sense of impending winter ... oops, Leonard ain't still with us, but he is.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Just saw John Prine last night in Columbus, Ohio..............Lilly Hiatt opened up- she's the daughter of John Hiatt, and quite a talent. It was an incredible show................ :puffy:
Next week I'm heading to Akron to Chris Hillman and Roger McGuinn team up and do the whole "Sweetheart of the Rodeo" album, in honor of its 50th anniversary............... Really looking forward to it!...........

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
'90s band but The Breeders have picked back up their instruments and I'll be seeing them shortly.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I can't claim her as a favorite musically, but I admire her rocking on, and enjoy her writing quite a bit -- Patti Smith.

And, speaking of survivors, Willie Nelson.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Dom Flemen, not an oldster, but no kid, remarkable with both lyrics and melody. Changes in key, tempo, and endless upbeat energy. And let's not forget the eternal Ralph Stanley.

bouwser

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 8, 2018
Many of the artists mentioned are amazing and some of my favorite concert experiences including Dylan, Young, Sam Bush, and Ralph Stanley.
@cosmic Wow, Snider sleeping on your couch. That’s wild. Love the guitarist in HWA, Neal Casal. He’s had a pretty cool career.
Some of my other favorites include the living members of the Dead, Phish, Umphey’s McGee, Widespread Panic, David Gilmore, Bela Fleck. . .

Really there are too many to name. I might have more of a disorder for live music than PAD or TAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.