PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
There is more depth of knowledge on this particular forum than any place I am aware of. I doubt 1 person is going to educate me more than this crew.

I have 2 posters who I listen to. They have saved me hundreds of $$$'s from buying stuff just because I like the labels.

Reactions: bnichols23

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
I will say while Briar Blues was not behind an age wall I enjoyed Mikes videos. I refuse to sign up to view, sorry I am an old coot ;)

mordy18

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2019
Northern New Jersey
Stuff & Things but sometimes too long. Muttonchop is a character but also sometimes too long -- good for beginner advice. I find Matches860 irritating for some reason. Tobacco reviews -- a guy named Renee under the channel "dsociald". Relatively short, but thoughtful reviews and a laid back presentation. Really like his channel but only about 2000 subs.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
I watch the pipe restoration channels.

“Bare Pipe” comes to mind immediately. I find his information, delivery, pacing and humor excellent. He works it all together to very patiently teach various pipe restoration topics. It’s a boon for a noobie restoration hobbyist like me.

There are other good restoration channels too, but without my subs in front of me I can’t remember them all.

Heads-up: YouTube is going to begin sweeping channel cancellations starting December 10th, 2019. From what I gather, if YT feels that a given channel isn’t appropriate for them to attach advertisements to, it’s slated for the chopping block.

And although we have an invaluable resource in Rebornpipes, I’m equally a visual learner, so when those “pipe smoking” channels get the axe (which no doubt will include the pipe restoration channels), it’s going to be unfortunate.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm not much of a youTube review audience because I already have a long list of blends and use up leaf slowly with my moderate smoking. Mostly I read jiminks on Forums, and he adds another blend to my list every week or three. So it goes. I'd like to see chasing' do his youTube reviews, so I might take a look, but mostly my cellar stays ahead of me.

Reactions: diamondback

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
Bremen Pipe Smoker. Same reasons as others.. history buff, meer cat, eccentric personality, interesting euro blend reviews, and of course-- that funny accent! To quote frome Slingblade, "I like the way you talk."
Most other reviewers are hard to watch because my eyes are too preoccupied with rolling back in my head. I do occasionally enjoy a review from Matches, Toking Tommy, and London Calling. More than a few regular reviewers are enigmas to me... how do they even smoke a pipe, much less taste the subtle nuances, with their heads so far up their asses?

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
None, really. I also don't see the point of reviewing a blend on video. Unless it's reviewed by SoulRepose, of course, in which case I'd watch it (as long as she doesn't whisper it).

Bremen Piper is OK, but his reviews are too darn long. I'd rather watch something else.

Heads-up: YouTube is going to begin sweeping channel cancellations starting December 10th, 2019. From what I gather, if YT feels that a given channel isn’t appropriate for them to attach advertisements to, it’s slated for the chopping block.
Worrying. Guess quite a number of my favourite channels are gonna go the way of the passenger pigeon. :(

Reactions: diamondback

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
None, really. I also don't see the point of reviewing a blend on video. Unless it's reviewed by SoulRepose, of course, in which case I'd watch it (as long as she doesn't whisper it).

Bremen Piper is OK, but his reviews are too darn long. I'd rather watch something else.

Worrying. Guess quite a number of my favourite channels are gonna go the way of the passenger pigeon. :(

IKR! It really irks me to no end. I have my suspicions as to why, but this isn’t the forum to express it.

Reactions: olkofri