Favorite TV Show Or Movies While Smoking?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssavarimuthu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 14, 2016
I recently got into Game of Thrones (late into the game, I know). An episode is around an hour long, which is great for a large bowl. Usually I like sitting in silence or listening to music, but lately I've been enjoying watching longer shows.
Do any of you have a "ritual" when pipe smoking that also involves watching Television?
Thanks!
:puffpipe:

faithplus1

Lurker
Dec 27, 2014
Ireland
I tend to watch documentaries whilst blasting off one of my briars. My god I registered in Dec 2014 and this is my first post!? What have I being doing!

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
My wife liked game of thrones, I couldn't get into it. But I don't really watch much tv, other then cartoons with my daughter. I should really start chain watching something with my pipe...

macaroon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2015
Michigan
I wish I had such a pleasant sounding routine, but alas my smoking must be limited to the great outdoors.Though I spend quite enough time in front of a screen during my day, so I see it as a good thing overall. Otherwise I too would likely be watching cartoons, or possibly a murder mystery show like Castle or Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries.
Welcome, faithplus1! I love the reference in your pseudonym. :lol:

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I get only a few tv stations on my Mohu antenna, but I enjoy watching the classic movies and tv shows that a couple of them provide. Always fun to see a pipe get put into a scene. I love to watch the mannerisms of these actors with their pipes.

Some, obviously, know what they're doing. Not so sure Rathbone does.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I watch TV and smoke my pipes nearly every night. I don't have a ritual, but do make sure I have a full bowl before some shows; Peaky Blinders (can't wait for Season 3 in October), Shameless, Walking Dead, Deadliest Catch, Yukon Men, and all the others pretty much. I usually fire up a bowl after dinner and then pack another leading up to a 9:00 or 10:00 TV show. I've smoked many a bowls watching Game of Thrones and Eastbound & Down. I also like packing a bowl and watching Sunday Morning on CBS, usually Carter Hall in a cob with a cup of black coffee.

sarist72

Lurker
Jul 18, 2014
I can't smoke and watch TV or movies got a ten year old daughter so I smoke in the garage at my wifes request. However I do love to read both novels and comics, and if you haven't read the game of thrones books they are so worth the read. Also if you like George R.R.Martin you should give Joseph Ambercrombie a read he writes bloody relentless fantasy that is just absorbing, and the fantasy portion (magic and stuff) is very low key and really creepy. I love it as for comics I'm a DC fan myself and read everything related to the bat family, along with a few other titles like wonder woman and aquaman and green arrow.

That is not to say I don't watch movies I went to film school and am what you would call a cinephile i really love film from the silent era to today there are so many good films to watch.

Dec 28, 2015
I also have to smoke outside but I do have a tv mounted on my back porch. I usually listen to music while enjoying my pipe but every Saturday morning I watch English Premier League soccer with my Early Morning Pipe and coffee.

demetrakopoulos

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2015
Chicago, Illinois
I'm a big horror movie fan, so usually something in that genre. There's something sociopathically satisfying about sitting in a chair and smoking a pipe while you watch people get murdered.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
I smoke outdoors and would need x-ray eyes to see the TV, so I guess I would watch Superman. The original series with George Reeves, not the crap that came after.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Smoking a pipe usually puts me in a contemplative state of mind which lends itself to science shows. I absolutely f'ing LOVE Through The Wormhole with Morgan Freeman. He has a new one called The Story Of God which is also brilliant. Any shows concerning astronomy, physics, or a coyotes pursuit of a roadrunner, these are all topics that capture the attention of the Smoking Nate :)

fafnir

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 21, 2016
I hear you demetrakopoulos, If the law would show mercy and allow me to smoke inside then yes puffing away whilst watching a good horror or listening to creepypasta on youtube would be on my list mate.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
On my third bowl watching The Masters golf tourney, preceded by Premier League Football, interspersed with some lacrosse and SF Giants. But I'll light up for almost anything on TV. Just finished with OJ, love The Americans, Better Call Saul, and am watching Hap and Leonard. Then movies, mostly drama, spy and comedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.