Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
The Lone Ranger (Clayton Moore version)

Maverick

Rockford Files

The Newsroom

Frasier

(lately, Cozi TV is showing runs of Little House on the Prairie, and there are lots of pipes.)

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Twin Peaks

Hee Haw

Shameless

Rectify

M.A.S.H.

mackeson

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2016
Firefly (arguably the best Science Fiction, ever)

How could I have forgotten to mention that one ?!? Maybe because it was too short lived. Great show

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Top Five All Time:

1. Breaking Bad

2. The Walking Dead

3. Sopranos

4. The Wire

5. Battlestar Galactica

(Homicide just misses the cut)
Recent Honorable Mentions

1. The Expanse (could eclipse BSG?)

2. Gomorrah (Italian Sopranos, but more gritty)

http://www.sundance.tv/series/gomorrah

3. The Last Panthers

http://www.sundance.tv/series/the-last-panthers

4. Ray Donavan

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
NCIS (the original one)

Doctor Who

Big Bang Theory

Face-Off

Hawaii Five O

NCIS New Orleans

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Paladin? His character was just different from he other "western" heroes. The whole premise of the show was different. It just appealed to me I guess.
Rawhide and Wagon Train were the two other western genre series I tried not to miss.
There are some great memories being revived on this thread.
I'm not big on science fiction. My wife was a great Firefly fan and tried to interest me. She told me it was simply a western with space ships. I could never quite buy into that idea.
With the many channels showing the oldies I like seeing which of my favorites hold up over time and which ones really do not. Columbo does, I think. The early MASH seasons do, the later series where they went darker, dropping the humor for Alda's anti-war propaganda? Those had their moments but, overall just too much preaching. I'm not a fan of TV education, I watch strictly to be entertained, amused.
Hill Street Blues was great entertainment and then it morphed into a romance, a soap opera.

cabinfever

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2016
#1 - NORTHERN EXPOSURE
Others;

Band of Brothers

MASH

LOST

The Waltons

Star Trek (original)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
All-time favorite, "I Claudius." A friend who had never owned a TV had finally broken down and bought one, and that was the first thing he watched and thought that's what he'd been missing all those years, instead of "Bewitched" and "Mr. Ed." My guilty pleasure shows are "Antiques Road Show" and the show about the pawn shop guys. I also liked the early seasons of "Upstairs Downstairs" from BBC, which was a low budget Downton Abbey, but therefore more focused and in some ways better acted, because that was all they had to offer.

Dec 28, 2015
I have started my list 5 times and it keeps changing in my head. And I am sure I am forgetting some so I will have to get back to you on this one.

lifesizehobbit

Oct 23, 2015
I'll take a stab at it, but limiting to 5 is hard - but in the spirit of the challenge, I'll list just 5 (numbered only to make sure I list just 5).
1. The Andy Griffith Show

2. Justified

3. Sports Night

4. Star Trek (Original Series)

5. Corner Gas
Aaaaand...I can't do it...list just 5 (I'm a TV'holic):

6. Due South

7. Slings & Arrows

8. Batman (60's)
I could get carried away, but will stop here.

alexnorth

Apr 7, 2015
Five absolute favorites are for sure

Twin peaks

true detective

breaking bad

game of thrones
Have you guys seen "the leftovers"? A truly fantastic new series by one of the guys behind lost. Available on HBO, I highly recommend it

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I kept my list to shows currently on the air.
Shows out of production:

Mash

Miami Vice

Sherlock (this was reportedly the last season)

Rizzoli & Isles

Combat

Warehouse 13

Eureka

Dec 28, 2015
(Cable)

Game of Thrones

Black Sails

Boardwalk Empire

Sopranos

Newsroom

True Detective
(Network)

Lost

Twin Peaks

Parenthood

Seinfeld

mackeson

Mar 29, 2016
I have started my list 5 times and it keeps changing in my head. And I am sure I am forgetting some so I will have to get back to you on this one.
I'm with you on this. I do watch TV quite a bit late at night especially. It's hard to limit the list. MASH and Twin Peaks are two I forgot. Also, Wonder Woman --- Not because of great writing or storytelling, but because Linda Carter and Carrie Fisher (of Star Wars fame) were my first big childhood crushes. I was born in '72, so those early ones were those innocent boyhood crushes one never forgets.

Status
Not open for further replies.