PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Now that it's starting to get actually warm here in the northeast (for now) I start thinking about Va's / Aro's and cut back on the latakia.
So I'm curious what are your favorite's aro's?
I think I need to break out some of McClelland's 400 Creme Caramel. Quite delicious and affordable.

mackeson

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2016
I often mix an aro with a VA or VAPer for a "Summer aromatic."

My favorite is McClellands Pastry mixed with any VAPer. It's a light aro to start, and mixed, it just gives the good aroma and a little flavor to any blend.

I just made up a batch of something that is blowing my mind. I took a 4oz jar of four year old PS Dark Fired, which is a blending leaf. It tastes ok by itself, but very one-dimensional. And, I dumped in a whole tin of Holger and Danske Mild Orange, which has a great aroma and after taste, but by itself lacks any real taste or flavor.

So, that is almost 2 oz of Mild Orange to 4 oz of Dark Fired. The orange comes through more as a chocolate orange and the flavor of the dark fired really needed the orange to give it interest. I let it meld for a week, and I have been smoking it a few times a day. PLUS, it actually has nicotine, lots. It's not like a twist or anything, but you can feel it.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Both excellent suggestions. I'll have to give them both a try.
I've never tried McC's pastry or anything from Holger and Danske. How's that Mango and vanilla tropic?

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I'm not a seasonal smoker. I'll smoke Latakia blends all year long as well as aromatics. My favorite aromatic is a 50/50 mixture of Lane Limited 1Q & BCA. I do admit that this mixture tastes better at Christmas time.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
I have been doing a 50/50 mix of Cult Blood Red Moon and Sutliff Vanilla Custard. Really tasty. Then I also smoke Bagpiper's dream from Rattray's.

For mango.... Eating mangos, well... I can't eat them without crossing my legs first. They run right through me, but I love the taste of mango smoke. I prefer the Solari Mango Flake stacked on top of a flake of ODF, and twisted together. That's some good smokey mango.

I also got some mango flavored cigarillos once. They were in an IPSD package. I wish I could remember the company, they were in a cool tin. Anyways, mango, mmm... :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.