Favorite Summer Time Aromatics

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

fitzy

Preferred Member
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Now that it's starting to get actually warm here in the northeast (for now) I start thinking about Va's / Aro's and cut back on the latakia.
So I'm curious what are your favorite's aro's?
I think I need to break out some of McClelland's 400 Creme Caramel. Quite delicious and affordable.

mackeson

Preferred Member
Mar 29, 2016
I often mix an aro with a VA or VAPer for a "Summer aromatic."

My favorite is McClellands Pastry mixed with any VAPer. It's a light aro to start, and mixed, it just gives the good aroma and a little flavor to any blend.

cosmicfolklore

Preferred Member
Aug 9, 2013
I just made up a batch of something that is blowing my mind. I took a 4oz jar of four year old PS Dark Fired, which is a blending leaf. It tastes ok by itself, but very one-dimensional. And, I dumped in a whole tin of Holger and Danske Mild Orange, which has a great aroma and after taste, but by itself lacks any real taste or flavor.

So, that is almost 2 oz of Mild Orange to 4 oz of Dark Fired. The orange comes through more as a chocolate orange and the flavor of the dark fired really needed the orange to give it interest. I let it meld for a week, and I have been smoking it a few times a day. PLUS, it actually has nicotine, lots. It's not like a twist or anything, but you can feel it.

fitzy

Preferred Member
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Both excellent suggestions. I'll have to give them both a try.
I've never tried McC's pastry or anything from Holger and Danske. How's that Mango and vanilla tropic?

ray47

Preferred Member
Jul 10, 2015
I'm not a seasonal smoker. I'll smoke Latakia blends all year long as well as aromatics. My favorite aromatic is a 50/50 mixture of Lane Limited 1Q & BCA. I do admit that this mixture tastes better at Christmas time.

dread

Preferred Member
Jun 19, 2013
I have been doing a 50/50 mix of Cult Blood Red Moon and Sutliff Vanilla Custard. Really tasty. Then I also smoke Bagpiper's dream from Rattray's.

cosmicfolklore

Preferred Member
Aug 9, 2013
For mango.... Eating mangos, well... I can't eat them without crossing my legs first. They run right through me, but I love the taste of mango smoke. I prefer the Solari Mango Flake stacked on top of a flake of ODF, and twisted together. That's some good smokey mango.

I also got some mango flavored cigarillos once. They were in an IPSD package. I wish I could remember the company, they were in a cool tin. Anyways, mango, mmm... :puffy: