Favorite Morning Wakeup Tobacco-Beverage Combo?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

theloniousmonkfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2017
"Did you mean coconut milk? Coconut oil is like lard. I'm not sure I would want a spoonful of that in my coffee."
Nope, meant oil. Stuff turns liquid if you hold the jar long enough, it sits on top of the coffee and the little grounds get suspended in it. Makes Burley nuttier and my stems shiny.

theloniousmonkfish

Jan 1, 2017
If you want something to eat get pure creamed coconut, Asian market should have it. It's a solid brick of pressed coconut for cooking, sometimes I break a piece off. The oil on it's own has a really light flavor that would easily be lost on fried catfish.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

This is an easy one... Carter Hall and black coffee.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
My first smoke of the day tends to be one of the stronger blends in my little assortment such as Dark Flake, Westmorland Slices, Condor Flake, Irish Flake etc as if I try a milder or 'smoother' blend such as FVF, St. James Flake, Golden Glow etc I don't get the full range of gentler flavours.
Why this is the case I really don't know but it's possibly because I am drinking white coffee made with much milk :roll:
Regards,
Jay.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
It's always Burley and black coffee of some combo for me.

Today is Watch City Slices in an MM Country Gent with Ethiopian coffee made strong.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Likewise for me: a burley blend and coffee. I usually have a morning smoke on weekends and vacations; not weekdays. Today it's C&D Haunted Bookshop and a strong coffee with a little half-and-half.

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
170px-Aqua_velva_Williams.jpeg
7__77941.1454438523.750.750.png

akfilm

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2016
My morning is usually a lighter fair such as Early Morning Pipe, or Picadilly and black coffee. That's if I'm doing office time, if I'm in the workshop in the morning, it's something heaver like Vintage Syrian.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
I have an old Kaywoogie Bulldog, one of the first pipes I got, the same pipe I used when I got my first tin of EMP, one day about half way through that tin I left them on the kitchen counter, next morning I got up and went for a cup of coffee and there they sat, a union was borne. For the last 12 years I get up and have EMP in my "Morning Woodie" with a pot of Maxwell House Coffee

thomasw

Dec 5, 2016
Black coffee and something burley, often dark fired kentucky, forward. Today it was Wessex Burley Slices and coffee.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I am assuming burley is the popular choice for the nic hit?
Not for me ... it's the nutty/sweet/cocoa flavors that compliment coffee so well.

The hit of Thor's Hammer Snuff as I walk into work is ALL about the nic, though. :D

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
On weekends Dunhill EMP with a black coffee or tea, on weekdays after dropping the wifey to the work, on my way to the office I smoke whatever I packed the day before, just before going to the bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.