Favorite Morning Wakeup Tobacco-Beverage Combo?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I am sitting here, slightly spinning, after a pipe of Superior Round Slices and 2 cups of Blue Donkey medium roast. I am fully awake for today's application work and some writing.
But it begs the question, what do you smoke drink on work days versus days of leisure? Or do you have the same routine?
I do not think I could handle these slices daily. Or Maybe these today were particularly potent.

misterrogers

Can't Leave
May 16, 2011
Ohio
I really can only smoke when the weather is good because I cannot smoke in the house. I can head to the local B&M, but then I end up buying something every time, and I'm counting every bloody penny I got for my trip this summer.
But typically it's a day of leisure, unless of course I'm out in the yard, in which case I pack an easy burning blend in a beater and get to work.
That said I mix it up. If I do start the morning off with a pipe, it's typically a latakia-based blend and either a cup of coffee or some tea.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
These days I begin with a flake, either a straight Va or a Va/Per and a cup o' Early Grey. Weekends I tend to smoke Exotique morning to bedtime. Yawn.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
My first smoke of the day is usually a strong burley blend like C&D's Big & Burley or Billy Budd with black coffee. Some days I'll add some Vanilla Creamer to get some sweetness and the vanilla creamer just seems to enhance the blend I'm smoking. I only smoke strong blends up until about 5pm when I switch to mild blends because strong nicotine blends keep me up at night.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
It used to be Happy Brown Bogie with coffee but lately it's been St. Bruno RR with English Breakfast tea with honey and a splash of milk. Yeah, I wish I were British.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I envy those who have the time in the morning for a smoke. I typically don't and my workplace is a "no smoking"(flammable items) building.

Dec 28, 2015
Weekdays I dont have time before heading in to work. Saturday mornings it is EMP and cup of black coffee. I haven't deviated from that ritual for the last year. A couple of saturdays I missed getting to do that for one reason or another and it threw me into a complete tailspin.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
After breakfast if possible some mild-medium burley forward does well, stronger burley or Vaper flakes after dinner,

whereas in the evenings as Mr,ray47 I prefer switching to milder tobaacco type again (if I have happen to have any)because of strong nic and my usual evening teas tend to keep me awake too prolonged period

No one drinks orange juice with their pipe? Even back when I was just smoking cigarettes, I noticed that smokers tend to avoid orange juice. I mean, I never avoided it consciously, but given the choice, it is anything other than. I wonder if it is a PH thing. I know with my pipe, it is because it would just taste horrible.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
You gotta be tough! Tomato juice ain't bad in the morning with the pipe either. Of course I'm smoking for the nicotine, and not fit for human company at that hour anyway. Besides, a bit of self-abuse to atone for last night's hi-jinks is probably good for the soul.

theloniousmonkfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2017
Strong coffee with some coconut oil, maybe a little sugar/agave, and something Burley or Virginia forward. Switch it up and drink some strong black tea now and again or something like tulsi and ginger with a good VA or spicy Va/Per.
Smoking and drinking OJ sounds bad. Brushing and drinking some is awful. Clean mouth+coffee/tobacco=good, clean mouth+OJ=wtf?.

Status
Not open for further replies.