PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
Il Duca is awesome particularly for Morta and Olive wood. His pipes are aesthetically magnificent and functionally perfect.

Also Spanu (now run by the son as the father passed away 3 years ago) has gorgeous looking briars which notably are grown by the family, as well as nice alternative woods such as lemon woods and others.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I have two Rinaldo's, 1 Savinelli Giubileo de Oro (4 other Savinellis), 1 Stefano Santambrogio (I won 2 long smoke competitions with it.), and a original Mauro Armellini Cavalier. I also have 1 Maestro de Paja and 1 Maestro Beraldi. Oh! Four Italian basket pipes. None of them are bad smokers.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Castello for me. When I started “collecting” I made a decision to stick with Castello. I broke my rule along the way and picked up a random Becker and a few others. But I try to stay with one Italian brand and collect deep instead of wide. Also, I am addicted to the flavor of Castellos ages briar. It is, imho, some of the tastiest around. Over the years I’ve grown accustomed to that specific flavor.
It has paid off (or wait, I mean I paid)!?! This is a repost from another recent thread. The top rack is a collection of my collection grade Castellos, among others.

2JySbbW.jpg

This image in an article is what started my fascination with Castello years ago. I loved seeing all those pipes in the racks together.

Middle_7109293379_947a21513b_o.jpg

Reactions: autumnfog

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Npod, that is a beautiful collection! I, too have decided to go deep with Castello. I'm not nearly as far along as you, though.

9mmpuffer

Might Stick Around
Mar 1, 2018
I would love to buy a few Castellos but I've never seen one that takes my favorite 9mm German filters. They make some real beauties. I have a few Cavicchi pipes that are awesome but are also non filter, I really should sell them because they deserved to be smoked by someone.
Awesome Castello collection above.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
You don't often see Gianni pipes for sale. My sister bought one for me in Rotterdam, Netherlands. It's a sturdy little factory pipe, a nice smooth bent billiard with a sturdy stem and shank, perfect for toting in a pocket, and it's a great little smoker. So if you come across a Gianni, online or traveling, it's probably a good pipe.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Oh no, how could I forget my Lucianos??? Though they have discontinued the brand, the are wonderful pipes. I have a straight blast billiard w/saddle stem and an author. They're stamped with the year they're made. Lovely pipes, very ample bowls but relatively light weight. I knew there was a brand I'd missed.

thomasw

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 5, 2016
The npod Castello Collection:
2JySbbW.jpg

A beautiful and eclectic range of shapes and finishes! npod, I like the seasoned taste of Castello (and Cavicchi) briar -- they do seem to get the pick of the litter when it comes to briar.

rokerdepipe

Might Stick Around
Jul 1, 2014
Ottawa, Canada
www.ericstendal.com
Very nice pipes Gentlemen.....what about Le Nuvole? The one I have is an outstanding smoker. A "one cloud" grade; rusticated, but I have a feeling it would have been a higher grade if it remained smooth. Tight and dense grain on it. Light as feather. Maurizio does great work.
I think it's pretty hard to beat Italian briar.

Briar Baron

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2016
Sydney
Half of my modest herd are Italian pipes.
Ardor (Venere x 3)

Brebbia (Linea A "AAA" x 2)

Cavicchi (CCC x 1)

Don Carlos (2 note x 1)

L’Anatra (Fiamatta 2 egg x 1)

Moretti (Collection x 1)

Radice (Clear F x 2)

Viprati (Fiamatta x 1)

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
*ONE* favorite? Lord, that's hard. Close to impossible, even. I can't. But I'll try.
C A M I N E T T O.
Why? Because at least 25 of them over the years.
At a VERY close second, a tie between Savinelli, Castello, & Lorenzo. Then Brebbia, last only because I only have one right now. Now don't ask for any more today, please; I just my entire day's quota on brain cells & emotional energy cutting it to a single #1. :)

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I love my Savinelli Pipes and my new 141 KS Fiammata is quickly becoming my new favorite pipe. I recently acquired a nice natural Vergin paneled billiard and its an amazing pipe. I also love the look of the Camineto pipes, and hope to acquire one at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.