PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Stanwells! They are made in Italy now, and I am pleased with the Italian versions. It's difficult to tell these days which pipes come from Italy and France, at least in part. It's a bit like automobiles which have parts from all over the world despite their association with the U.S., Japan, or where ever. Less known brands from Italy and France tend to be pretty good, I think, because the pipes making culture in those places is rigorous and competitive, and no company wants to be caught turning out junk. Whereas in less dedicated pipe countries, sometimes pipe makers only want to sell whatever quality they make, which is often poor.

smittyd

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
I have a Calabrissi pipe that i enjoy alot, but i have not seen to many others by that same maker. I am saving up for a Sav that i am interested in. Castellos are a bit out of my league at the moment.

spartan99

Can't Leave
Mar 10, 2017
Savinelli, but I don't have any pipes from the fancier Italian makes/carvers. I favor classic shapes and sizes, Savinelli pipes smoke well out of the box, are offered in several dozen series at any given time, and I like the balsa system.

opus777

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 12, 2018
almost forgot Radice, wonderful/creative design, great pricing and Great smoke!

samjax

Lurker
Mar 4, 2018
Castello followed by Becker. Never smoked a Baldo Baldi, but I would think it would be pretty decent as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.