PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
What's your favorite image of pipe-smoking Santa Claus? Please post it here.
Here's mine, rendered by Thomas Nast.

dec%2B1871%2Bharpers.jpg

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Sorry Hunter, I've got a pretty good one for you but I just can't post a pic anymore from the forum album. Computers...you just gotta love 'em...one pain in the ass after another. Maybe next time there's an update it'll start working again. God only knows.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Another by Thomas Nast. Always loved how merry he looks with those toys and his pipe.
73596-004-FFBBE061.jpg

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Can you access the full image in your album? If so: Control-click (Mac) or Right-click (Windows) on the image itself, then choose copy image location. Now paste that URL (the full web address, which should end in .jpg) into the IMG box in the reply window of the thread you're posting to.

brightleaf

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2017
A couple of old Santa illustrations
santa3-458x600.jpg

From the book General Lee and Santa Claus published in 1867 by Louise Clack
santa2.jpg

From the book The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus by Frank L. Baum published in 1902
Edit: I just saw they were supposed to be pipe smoking pics :puffy: . Oops. Enjoy anyways

brightleaf

Sep 4, 2017
Here he is with a pipe. This is an illustration from the original version of A Visit From St. Nicholas by Clement Moore published in 1849

santa4-454x600.jpg

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
May I help?
It’s not a problem with the album, it’s my computer, but thanks jvnshr.
@jpmcwjr: Yeah, I do understand how to do it...I’ve done it many times. But when I right-click on the full image now I only get a “copy” option (that’s all it says “copy”) and when I click it, it does not copy the address. It does copy the address from the smaller image but that will not display.
This happened once before, and then at some point it suddenly started working again...seemed like it was after a windows update. There was another update recently and now I noticed it’s not working again. I’m guessing it has something to do with these updates, but dunno.

brightleaf

Sep 4, 2017
LOL. Pirate Santa. I knew you guys had fun on the Black Frigate. The holidays are a great time to sing and dance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TunwAqnZm4g

thomasw

Dec 5, 2016
McClelland's Christmas Cheer contains that ultimate badass image of St. Nicholas ---
images

Status
Not open for further replies.