PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
I was at NASPC back a few years ago (when you could smoke in the venue). Somebody was smoking Nutty irishman. It smelled so good, I had to ask him...and buy some. It smelled better to me than it tasted. YMMV.
My favorite C&D blend is GLP Union Square. Exhausted Rooster and Tuskegee Airman are also very good.
Mike S.

ram74

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2013
Star Of The East Flake, Pirate Kake, Sunset Harbor Flake and Sunday Picnic are the only ones I find are exceptional.

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
Black Frigate and Sunset Harbor Flake are the only ones that I would consider buying again, as well as their release of limited editions (Carolina Flake, Sunbear, etc.). I wanted to like Redburn, but for some reason, even though C&D does Burleys very well, they just don't click for me. Perhaps I haven't found the right Burley yet. People rave amount HBS and OJK, but on paper they look too plain to buy right now.

I have some tins of C&D that I bought last year but haven't opened yet. Briarfox, Afterhours Flake, Red Carpet and a few others.

Recently bought some bulk Epiphany, just 1oz. It's a good blend, but the plum carries over for me too much and it's a hodgepodge mix. They say it's a light English but I don't pick up any latakia. More so just perique and burley.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I disagree. If you're going to revive an old thread you can do better than one of these ubiquitous laundry list threads where people do nothing but recite every blend they've ever tried.

Revive a classic thread that has some real information that's worth remembering! That's what I say.

So, lets see, I have smoked 19 different C&D blends and listed 5. How are the responses a laundry list of C&D blends? I see trends which can be helpful. I think it mentions favorite in the discussion. By what criteria would you have us filter our topics before we post or revive a thread so that they are worthy? Why start a new thread about this topic when one existed? I very much like to see who likes what blend and use opinions as part of my decision process before buying something new.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I'd like to add that star of the east gets alot of attention, but I barely ever see anyone mention sunset harbor flake, which is the tastiest English I've ever had

I've actually been wary of Star of the East/Flake because of its super high Latakia content, so maybe Sunset Harbor Flake might be worth checking out for me.

Akousticplyr

Lifer
Oct 12, 2019
Florida Panhandle
I'm looking forward to cracking a tin of Pegasus soon. I've also got unopened Opening Night (ha) and Pennington Gap tins that have received rave reviews. Now that I think of it, I've got about a dozen as yet untried tins. I love this hobby.

I hate to say it, but I opened the Pennington Gap- took a sniff, it smelled like an open can of paint, smoked barely half a bowl, and immediately threw the whole tin in the trash.

That was a first for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.