PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

B18

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2015
As a resident in the EU, I don't often buy C&D blends.
But from what i did smoke i find Bayou morning, Old Joe Krantz and Three Friars pretty good (they do need atleast 3 months age, when bought fresh).

stogie37

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 24, 2012
Southport, North Carolina
Lots of very good blends and such a catalogue of choices! Good Morning and Tuskegee Airmen are at the top of my list, followed closely by Bayou Morning Flake and Night Train. I also have pounds of their bright va Flake and Turkish Ismir for building out my own blends or mixing with others that fall short.

Reactions: oldtoby

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
With OJK and 3F ones you like, maybe try Haunted Bookshop, and Redburn. They have tons if you like Perique. Try Chenet’s Cake and Kajun Kake

Reactions: rogers

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
I've always only smoked 2 blends at a time and currently the 2 I'm smoking are C&D. They're certainly at the top end of my favorites list: Odessa and Stratfordshire.

Reactions: danimalia

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
;)Great thread revival!

I disagree. If you're going to revive an old thread you can do better than one of these ubiquitous laundry list threads where people do nothing but recite every blend they've ever tried.

Revive a classic thread that has some real information that's worth remembering! That's what I say.

Reactions: tomatamot

Akousticplyr

Lifer
Oct 12, 2019
Florida Panhandle
I disagree. If you're going to revive an old thread you can do better than one of these ubiquitous laundry list threads where people do nothing but recite every blend they've ever tried.

Revive a classic thread that has some real information that's worth remembering! That's what I say.

Perhaps it's time to revisit smoking jackets. I'll hunt for a thread ;)

Reactions: logs and Elric

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Revive a classic thread that has some real information that's worth remembering!
Pack pipe, light, smoke, and don't burn tongue. Nearly every thread other than favorite blends, lighters, restorations, or which shape smokes best.

Reactions: aquadoc

Akousticplyr

Lifer
Oct 12, 2019
Florida Panhandle
The one I've been gaga over lately is Oak Alley. What a treat that one is! I also have been really enjoying Carolina Red Flake and Burley Flake #3. Next up is Dreams of Kadath, Pegasus and Rajah's Court.

I'm looking forward to cracking a tin of Pegasus soon. I've also got unopened Opening Night (ha) and Pennington Gap tins that have received rave reviews. Now that I think of it, I've got about a dozen as yet untried tins. I love this hobby.

Reactions: danimalia
Status
Not open for further replies.