PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

--dante--

Lifer
Jun 11, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Haunted Bookshop and Old Joe Krantz. Both are burleys with a small compliment of Virginia, and some Perique. They are practically the same, differing in degree of strength and spiciness. OJK is the stronger, spicier of the two, both are very good, and both are from the same blender: Bob Runowski. Both are available in bulk or large 8 oz tins, and both work great as a "dip a cob in, and light up no fuss" kinda all day smoke (depending on your nic tolerance).

charf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 10, 2018
New Zealand
It’s now pretty difficult to import tobaccos into NZ which is going to seriously curtail my ability to try different blends. However my favourites so far are Old Joe Krantz, Bayou Night, Haunted Book Shop, Big N Burley and Burley Flake #3.

Reactions: danimalia

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I’ve been on a bit of a C&D tasting excursion here lately myself. I’ve smoked a couple of theirs for a long time, but never ventured very far into their lineup. I’ve always enjoyed Black Duck and Kajun Kake (aged, not fresh). I’ve tried several others here lately, and over the years, and have really enjoyed most of them.
Spark Plug, Purple Cow, Bowlegged Bear, Super Balkan and Haunted Bookshop have all been very good. I’ve really taken a liking to Small Batch Carolina Red Flake w/ Perique.
Red Odessa was ok, but not as good as the others. I still have a few more waiting to try. Over all, C&D makes some top notch tobaccos.

kg.legat0

Lifer
Sep 6, 2019
Southwestern PA
I also have been on a bit of a tear with C&D blends for the past couple months.

I took a leap of faith and bought an 8oz. can of Opening Night...after 4 bowls, I ordered another. :)

I am also planning on stocking up on Sunday Picnic. ...that one has less of a favorable room note (if you care) but is an amazing smoke that truly burns down to nothing.

This week I went to the B&M and purchased a tin of Interlude ...great Red Virginia flavor, super bready imo.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I am kind of surprised Speakeasy doesn't get more love. A VaPerKy with the same red VAs as the CRF flake (well, at least it was the same). Burley Flakes #1 and #3 are quite good. OJK. I am really enjoying this year's Sansepolcro, which is the only edition I've sampled. Such an exquisite Italian KY leaf in that one. I snoozed and losed on the XX Dark Flake and Anniversary Flake. Maybe next year?

I want to try Rajah's Court, Opening Night, Red Carpet and RIverboat Gambler.

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Dreams of Kadath
Star of the East
Black Frigate thus far my top three

Also enjoy
Pirate Kake
Mad Fiddler

On deck but waiting to age a bit Bijou, Sansepolcro 2020, and Red Stag.

Reactions: Bowie
Status
Not open for further replies.