PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeahearn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 30, 2012
Hi everyone,
I'd like to find a good straight burley or two so I can start adding some good burleys to my cellar. I like Burley and will be smoking any cellared Burleys straight up, but I will probably also mix them with Virginias or Latakia from time to time. I'd prefer a ribbon cut, simply for easier mixing, but a cube cut would also work. I am looking for something that is available enough for me to buy it regularly by the pound for the next year or two. Reference points: My favorite Burley ever was Edgeworth Sliced; a burley approaching the strength of Old Joe Krantz is going to be too strong for me; I really like the Prince Albert and Carter Hall blends, but would also like to cellar a straight Burley or two. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

tombraider

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 21, 2013
I like the Milan 401 Burley Mix. Very good people to deal with and they are also a sponsor.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Altadis Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match. Good nutty flavor, and a slight molasses taste. I like it as an all day blend.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
My Fav bulk burley right now:
Lane Limited Burley Light Without Bite (BL WB)
Scotty's Butternut Burley (P&C)
~Zeke

cynyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
+1 on Scotty's Butternut Burley, now back in stock at P&C - my current go-to smoke. I also enjoy Classic Burley Kake, and you can't go wrong with Prince Albert.
Been meaning to try BLWB. Is it good in a cob?

werdna

Can't Leave
Jun 6, 2013
MacBaren Burley London Blend, or Golden Extra is nice too. GE does have some VA blended in though.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I would second the Edgeworth Ready Rubbed match, comes cube cut in bulk and is nice and nutty. Price is decent.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'll second Lane's Burley Without Bite. It's a pleasing smoke on its own, and is a good mix, with a

equal parts Va. Red Cake and black Cavendish, and a dash of Latakia and/or Perique. Very versatile.

Available in bulk online and at many shops.

bobpnm

Lifer
Jul 24, 2012
Panama City, Florida
I would also suggest Down By The River from 4Noggins. I smoke burley often. I currently have McBaren London Burley Blend, Classic Burley Kake, LJ Heart Burley, Angler's Dream and Carter Hall in my rotation. Of course, none of these is "straight" burley.

bobpnm

Lifer
Jul 24, 2012
Panama City, Florida
For a really nice old school American burley blend that's also a great value, the Altadis Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match is hard to beat.
It must be good stuff Roth. Last few times I've ordered from P&C it's been out of stock. I'll eventually get to try it.

joeahearn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 30, 2012
Thanks, everyone, for the excellent suggestions. I have just ordered some Altadis ERR Match and will be investigating the other suggestions.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I just went onto P&C to order some Scotty's and it's back ordered. So I decided to try some Lane BLWB (4oz.). Oh, I also ordered 1/2lb of 1Q, 1x 50gr McClelland Blue Mountain(never tried that one) and 1x 50gr FMOTT.

Status
Not open for further replies.