Jan 5, 2014
Favorite bourbon: Bulleit Frontier Bourbon Whiskey

Favorite blended whiskey: TX Blended Whiskey

Favorite rye whiskey: Templeton Prohibition Era Rye

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
Just sipping on some Colonel E.H. Taylor Small Batch. Reviews are spotty, but I'm enjoying it quite a bit. This is bottled by Buffalo Trace.

meercatpat

Lurker
Mar 28, 2014
Massachusetts
Woodford's Reserve was my fave until I ran across a bottle of Elijah Craig 18-Year Old Reserve and gave it to my daughter when she completed her master's. That was almost 5 years ago, but one of the things still I look forward to whenever I go out to visit (I'm in Boston, she's in Phoenix) is savoring a couple of fingers of that EC Reserve with her. Still Woodford's in MY cupboard, though.

sean81

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 26, 2013
Woodford and the Woodford Double Oaked are my two favorites. I'm also partial to the Bulleit. I love a good bourbon and good smoke!

apkurt

Lurker
Apr 7, 2014
My go to bourbons are Woodford Reserve, Knob Creek, and Bulleit. Lately I have become a big fan of Templeton Rye which (of course) is not a bourbon, but if you like bourbons I highly recommend it.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
After reading this thread I see I am going to have to go to the liquor store and try some of these great bourbons. I've had Jim Beam, Makers Mark and Knob Creek before, but I would like to try some of these others. For many years it's been single malt scotch and Irish whiskey for me. Thanks for starting this thread and piquing my interest.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
Jim Beam Black and Maker's Mark for me, I will have to try a few of the many listed here.

elliott

Might Stick Around
Apr 21, 2014
In order:
- Makers 46

- Buffalo Trace

- Woodford Reserve

- Stranahan's Colorado Small Batch

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Bulleit if I'm pinching penny's, Blanton's Original Single Barrel if I'm doing well and Pappy Van Winkle's 23 if I am celebrating or flush.

puffdoggie

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2013
A buddy of mine gave me a bottle of Knob Creek for my birthday. It never had a chance. A few sips here, a few sips there, and voila - man, we have a severe evaporation problem!

Aug 1, 2012
Elijah Craig is fantastic stuff. The standard blend is amazing, the Barrel Proof is absolutely phenomenal (with lots of water of course) and the 21 is a rare but worth it experience.

ashman

Lurker
Sep 8, 2014
Blanton's, Knob Creek, Bookers, and Evan Williams if the wallet is light that week. a 1.75 of EW is a great deal.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
I have some Stranahan's Colorado Whiskey as mentioned here already by Elliott, and I like it a lot.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
I've really been happy with Woodford Reserve as of late. Tasty. Works better then my high blood pressure meds do.

Status
Not open for further replies.