PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vigil

Might Stick Around
Nov 12, 2013
+1 Allen...
I got turned on to Pappy Van Winkle around 93 or 94. Had a biz meeting with Julian Van Winkle who introduced me to it. Could only get it in KY at the time. And, only one release date per year. So I have a friend in Frankfort that would pick up a case every year.
Now, its really pricey stuff. But, really wonderful pricey stuff.

meatballj

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 14, 2014
New Brunswick, Canada
+1 Woodford Reserve

Like any other bourbon or whiskey I drink mine with just a touch of water to open it up and get the flavour/aroma out of it. But I also use Woodford when making certain cocktails, i.e.: Mint Julep or a Sazerac.

But just like smoking a pipe, do what you like and don't let anybody else tell you otherwise.

smokeybiker

Lurker
Mar 27, 2013
This'll probably get buried, but here goes - I really don't rate Jack Daniels, I usually drink buffalo trace. But I've found that gentleman Jack, which is the slightly more expensive version of the standard JD is much nicer in taste and quality. Well worth giving it a try.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I drank Single Barrel Jack for years. Kinda lost my likin for it. I now drink Woodford(both versions). Once I drink up what I got I may move on to Buffalo Trace or something else. I like variety.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
I enjoy Buffalo Trace and Eagle Rare, and like Woodford's, as well. A small distillery in upstate New York makes one called Hudson Valley Four Grain Bourbon, which I don't think actually qualifies as Bourbon.

But the one I enjoy the most is one I haven't seen mentioned, and it has a perfect name for a pipe smoker's libation - 1792 Ridgemont Reserve.
Russ

judd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2014
Jeffers Creek, a small batch that comes around once a year for a short while. I think it's made by Makers Mark and it is extremely smooth. It's very inexpensive, just hard to find here in the Texas Hill Country. Try it, you'll like it!

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I have to say that Jim Beam is my choice, but then again, it is all I have tried. I think that my choices are limited here in Kenya. I have other options, but the Beam is the most affordable.

Jim Beam black is amazing stuff, never tried the white.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Since this thread started I've gone through about 4 bottles of Buffalo Trace (which I tried on account of y'all). It has become my favorite go to bourbon. I still like Knob Creek and like to try new to me offerings, but Buffalo Trace has a permanent spot in my liquor cabinet for the foreseeable future.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Im enjoying this bottle at the moment its very smooth and well priced.
bulleit-bourbon-kentucky-straight-bourbon-whiskey-70cl-40-abv.jpg

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Smokey, Bulleit Rye is excellent as well, if you enjoy rye whiskeys. Jefferson's is also an excellent bourbon that has a place in my rotation. I like Buffalo trace as well, but for almost the exact price do yourself a favor and try a bottle of Evan Williams Single Barrel in its place, if only just once. Of course, it will never be just once and i will say in advance, "you're welcome".

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
I usually drink single malt scotch the Bulleit was my first jump in bourbons and i found that ive been enjoying it neat every other night. I also bought a bottle of
buffalo-trace-white-dog-290x290.jpg

And i did not enjoy this at all for me it didnt have enough flavor luckily though my father in law likes it with his coffee lol

Status
Not open for further replies.