PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jorchamp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 21, 2016
Taconic Distllary in Stanfordville. NY. Great bourbons and ryes. Best in NY Hudson Valley. They also sell maple syrup aged in whiskey barrels. They have several varieties bourbons. Check out their website for a store to buy.

mahew

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 30, 2017
Kentucky Hills and Hollers
While there are many great options out there, I would base my decision on bourbons that one can generally find. That said, I have to go with Blanton’s. Something about the stupid horses....

badbeard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Commonly available bourbons, I have to sat that I am usually a Blanton's man. Eagle Rare, Jefferson's Ocean, Knob Creek Straight are all good too.
A while back I had the opportunity to try some Old Forester 2015 Birthday Bourbon that was amazing.

mahew

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 30, 2017
I was recently had the fortune to have a taste of the European release of Blanton’s. It may have been just me, but it seemed to be much sweeter than the American release. I rather liked it.

james72

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2017
Everyday favorite that's relatively cheap: Evan Williams.

Others that I like: Baker's, Booker's, Knob Creek, Woodford, Colonel Taylor, Four Roses, Noah's Mill, Maker's Mark, Blanton's, Basil Hayden's, and Buffalo Trace. Of these, I drink Knob Creek and Woodford most often.

I stay away from Bulleit because it gives me a headache for some reason. Cool name and bottle, though!

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
VAN WINKLE "Special Reserve" 12 Years Old "Lot B" is my new favourite bourbon.
My son's new father-in-law (from Kentucky) gifted me a bottle when he came over to Scotland for the wedding.
As a die-hard malt whisky man, I had never thought of bourbon as "elegant" - I was wrong!! LOL

carlomarx

Can't Leave
Oct 29, 2011
State College,PA
Eagle Rare is my go to everyday bourbon. Very affordable, smooth , and goes well with a bowl of whatever I have on hand.
I just finished reading a fascinating book, " Bourbon Empire" by Reid Mitenbuler. It is the history of bourbon; I highly recommend it; most entertaining and enlightening. The author's insight on marketing is spot on.

mahew

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 30, 2017
Journeyman Distillery Featherbone Bourbon is what I am drinking tonight, and it is quite nice. I have about 15 bottles of bourbon on hand right now. Difficult to narrow down a favorite.
I do however have Blantons Gold on my wish list. Had a taste of it once, and really liked it.

giacomo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 15, 2018
Massachusetts (South Shore)
Woodford Reserve is a favorite but lately I've switched to Gentleman Jack. Recently bought Jack Daniels Barrel Select and I have to say it is delicious (sorry to throw whiskey in a bourbon thread) :)

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
I've been enjoying the Russel's Reserve Single barrel lately. Its got a nice spice kick to it, probably from the rye....... good stuff for the winter time............ :puffy:

glassjapan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2017
+1 on the Russell's Reserve Single Barrel. Even though it's usually 50ish a bottle, I think it's awesome stuff. Rare Breed is in the same vein and cheaper, but I'd rather drink the RRSB.

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
I enjoy Eagle Rare for a low priced tipple, and really enjoy Bookers for a high-end treat. Also, there are a couple great whiskey distilleries here in Colorado, I am partial to Leopold Brothers in Denver and 291 in Colorado Springs. The Maryland style Rye from Leopold is phenomenal, even while not being a true bourbon.

akfilm

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2016
I'm a fan of supporting small businesses, so I drink micro-distillery's for the most part, this is bad since it's hard to come back to one ever, but that's part of the fun. I really like Woodenville Whiskey's Bourbon (WA), Gnarly Oak Bourbon (WI), and Bozeman Spirits Bobcat Gold (MT). I've never really been a huge fan of bourbon or candandian whiskies, I'm much more of a scotch fan and some irish and japanese.

Status
Not open for further replies.