PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Search on Site

Recent Posts

cmdrmcbragg

Preferred Member
Jul 29, 2013
With a new year comes a lot of Year End lists. I'd like to know what was your favorite blend in 2014? Doesn't have to be a new blend that was debuted during the year, just whatever was your favorite of the past 365 days.
Mine would have to be H&H Louisiana Red. This was a close one for me, but I'd place it over Wessex BCDF simply due to ease of lighting, flavor and price. It's a great smoke that I really enjoyed this last year.

lestrout

Preferred Member
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Greg Pease's masterpiece Gaslight. It dethroned the great RussO's Larry's Blend, mainly because I've fallen in love with flakes, plugs and crumble cakes.
hp and HNY

les

papipeguy

Preferred Member
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
That's a tough call but one I'm going to make. Velvan Plug really hit the spot for me and the members of the Lehigh Valley Pipe club. The other Irish plugs were also a delightful surprise for me in 2014.

I can't wait to see what new wonders come forth.

cobguy

Preferred Member
Oct 18, 2013
GH Brown Bogie Rope

Wessex Campaign Brigade Dark Flake

GLP Triple Play and JackKnife Plugs

Rincon de la Pipa #1

SPC Plum Pudding

phxrock

Aug 18, 2014
For me it would be

Navy Flake

Comoys cask #7

Dunhill 965

Drew Estate Meat pie

Erinmore flake

Warrior plug

Kendal plug
John
PS: need to get and smoke more plug

mikestanley

Preferred Member
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
The favorite blend I discovered in 2014 has got to be Rotary Navy Flake. I don't think I could pick an all time favorite. This year, maybe Wilderness, Bombay Court, Samarra. Yenidje Highlander ? Luckily, I don't have to chose!
Mike S.