PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
Ive been looking at lists of famous pipe smokers and saddly they all left off 2 people one I would think most people if not all know the name so here gose the forgotten 2. Feel free to add to the list
Aleister Crowley If you know about him theres not much I can tell you about him. If you dont know about him its too much to put here.

crowley1.gif

Mr. Elmer Keith

Elmer Keith (March 8, 1899 – February 12, 1984) was an Idaho rancher, firearms enthusiast, and author. Keith was instrumental in the development of the first magnum revolver cartridge, the .357 Magnum, as well as the later .44 Magnum and .41 Magnum cartridges.

elmerkeith.jpg

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Yes, I remember that thread being around awhile back. I am sure one of the mods can find it.

smokenscotch

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2011
I also really enjoy this type of thread, let's keep it going. It's wonderful to look back and see the famous people and the pipes they smoked.

bailey331

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2012
C.S Lewis was a pipe smoker and a man with an outstanding history and faith.

adam12

Part of the Furniture Now
May 16, 2011
Robert St John, correspondent for the NY Times, lived to be 100 years old

alonso2

Lurker
Feb 20, 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNChR4xhjcQ
This link on Youtube give many famous pipe smokers.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
Hahahahaha I was wondering if someone would bring up Harry Shearer aka Derek Smalls who I do believe is a real life pipe smoker.

Harry Shearer also dose serveral voices on the Simpsons the voices Mr. Burns, Waylon Smithers, Ned Flanders, Reverend Lovejoy, Kent Brockman, Dr. Hibbert, Lenny Leonard, Principal Skinner, Otto Mann and Rainier Wolfcastle.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
Wyatt Earp U.S. Frontier figure

Gerald Ford, U.S. President, Statesman

Greta Garbo, Actress

Grant, Ulysses S. Grant U.S. President, Military Leader

Andrew Jackson, President of U.S., Statesman

Mrs Andrew Jackson First Lady of U.S.

Jerry Lee Lewis Singer, Musician

Dwight D Eisenhower

Lou Holtz U.S. Football Coach

Herbert Hoover President of U.S., Statesman, Academic

David Letterman Entertainer

Malcolm McDowell Actor

Gerald McRaney Actor

Sir Isaac Newton, Physicist, Mathematician

Gen. George S Patton Jr. Military leader

Ferdinand Porsche Automobile designer

Ronald Reagan U.S. President, Statesman, Actor

Mrs. Zachary Taylor First Lady of U.S.

Martin Van Buren U.S. President

bambam

Can't Leave
Jun 22, 2011
Virginia
Jean-Paul Sartre was a French existentialist philosopher, playwright, novelist, screenwriter, political activist, biographer, and literary critic. He was one of the leading figures in 20th century French philosophy and Marxism, and was one of the key figures in the philosophy of existentialism. His work continues to influence fields such as Marxist philosophy, sociology, critical theory and literary studies. Sartre was also noted for his relationship with the feminist author and social theorist Simone de Beauvoir. He was awarded the 1964 Nobel Prize in Literature but refused it, saying that he always declined official honours and that, "a writer should not allow himself to be turned into an institution." :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.