PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
@bambam There were a few socialest Marxist and commie i didnt list being a commie or dicatoe dose not make one famous

wildcat

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2012
Hawkman! (This is a panel of Hawkman's alter ego lighting a pipe from a 1940's comic starring Hawkman. Hawkman was created by Gardner Fox. Hawkman's alter ego is: Carter Hall! Me thinks that Mr. Fox was a pipe smoker!)
Gotta love the fresh air comment!
edit: The link didn't work. You can see the pic here if interested: http://everydayislikewednesday.blogspot.com/2008/06/hawkman-vs-vaguely-muslim-crypto-arab.html

bucknuts17

Lurker
Feb 23, 2012
interesting that you include a bisexual satanic cult leaderdoes to your list of infamous pipesmokers that is hilarious does he really need to be on the list of famous pipe smokers

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
@bucknuts17

I do think he should be on the list. he wrote 300 books Worked with Churchill in phsyops programs to fight the nazi. and has many other accomplishments. And contrary to popular belife he was not satanic he was a Thelemite.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thelema

bucknuts17

Lurker
Feb 23, 2012
its not contrary belief its a fact he had alot to do with witchcraft and the occult but if you want to put him on your list your the man

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
After getting up, Kant would drink one or two cups of tea — weak tea. With that, he smoked a pipe of tobacco. The time he needed for smoking it “was devoted to meditation.” Apparently, Kant had formulated the maxim for himself that he would smoke only one pipe, but it is reported that the bowls of his pipes increased considerably in size as the years went on.
http://www.openculture.com/2013/10/the-daily-habits-of-highly-productive-philosophers.html

reverendsasquatch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 13, 2016
Lancaster PA
Yeah but Jimmy Page bought Crowley's house and he's mentioned in Bowie's song, "Quicksand", so despite personal feelings, he's still pretty famous!
Tolkien, of course. I'm sure there are a ton of classic authors who smoked the briar, as well as many famous preachers (Spurgeon for sure). It's amazing how common the pipe was up until recent history. Been watching "Little House on the Prairie" with my daughters, and Michael Landon has a pipe in just about every episode of the first season. First season of the Andy Griffith Show had pipes on racks in the drug store and a customer asking for a pouch of tobacco.
According to the movie, "Gettysburg", General John Bufford was a pipe smoker. Of course, I doubt he smoked a Dr Grabow w/ an acrylic stem as seen in the move ;-)

ahmadothman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
Just stumbled upon this while listening to a song
Albert King

Albert-King.jpg

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
Ahmad, it was a reference to Albert King, Have not listened to him in a long time, had to dig out a box of old casetts and find his, its like raising the dead, or zombie

Status
Not open for further replies.