PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

barleynbaccy

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
The best time of year imo for piping, and my EE classes are take up every night of the week this semester. It's really cutting down on my enjoyment of the season.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Funny, I thought 'EE' referenced "Elementary Education"...
Love the autumn for pipe smoking. Can't wait to get a nice long lunt through the colours with a couple drams in the tippy stick.
-- Pat

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think more people like the fall best. I think it runs second to summer, then spring, then winter. Pipers too.

The cooler air, crispness in the north, enlivens all the senses, taste and smell included, for good pipe experiences.

barleynbaccy

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
EE in my world is Electrical Engineering.
Nothing better than cool air, cup of coffee, and a pipe.

homeatsea

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 6, 2013
Haha I thought EE would be Ecology and Evolution. Different walks of life around this place.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
+1 MSO

"The cooler air, crispness in the north, enlivens all the senses, taste and smell included, for good pipe experiences. "
I smoke more in the fall than any other season. Winter is second, spring third, summer . . . . you get the idea.

tamer291

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2013
Nothing better than cool air, cup of coffee, and a pipe.

I agree. Although I have a man cave to pipe smoke in, I prefer sitting in the backyard on a nice cool day.

erichbaumer

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
The north/north-central midwest only has the smallest window of fall between a ridiculously humid summer and the frigid winter, but it is my favorite season. Looking forward to plenty of piping, and chasing some birds when I'm back home for break.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I have a 100 mi bicycle ride on Saturday and haven't really smoked since July, but couldn't resist the weather tonight. I had to cheat so I fired up some Escudo in my St Patty's Day Pete after kids soccer practice. Totally got lost in that 30 min with my pipe and looking at the stars. There is nothing better than pipe smoking in the fall with the crisp air, a clear night, and time to let your mind wander. I hope I didn't set myself back for my ride but I truly couldn't help myself.

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
You guys are right! The cooler air is more conducive to pipe smoking. I especially enjoy the holidays.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
I agree with you, barleynbaccy. Fall is a great time for smoking. With me it's navigation classes making their claims on my time. Don't let the classes cut down on your enjoyment of the season. In the long run, the classes may be more important.
Winter is the only difficult season for me because I prefer to smoke outdoors.

bobpnm

Lifer
Jul 24, 2012
Panama City, Florida
A touch of Fall in the air right here on the northern gulf coast of Florida tonight. Temp in the low 80's and humidity low for us at about 60%. Beautiful night!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Funny, I thought fall would plunge me headlong into my English blends, the more Lat the better. I still enjoy them right along,

but I seem to have more taste for aromatics than usual. Maybe I'm saving up my English leaf for the real cold, or what passes

for cold around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.