PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Here's a mod on one of my Falcons. It's still in need of a clean-up and touch up but it smokes so good that I haven't really cared to finish the job. The original Falcon is 5 1/2 inches and the nose-warmer mod is 4 1/2 inches.
The hardest thing is tapering the end that inserts into the bowl, but it not that tough just takes a little patience that I sorely lack. The shank is just press fitted into the bowl and the two aluminum rods are epoxied. You'll notice that I covered the entire shank section in epoxy and that's because I'm no handyman, but its also because this pipe lives in a small pouch in my gear bag so it gets rough duty and the epoxy is a great reinforcement.
The entire mod was performed in a hotel room after a long day....did I mention I was drinking.....Either way, it smokes fantastic. I'm going to chop mod two others.

The small shank that's missing is somewhere in a hotel room in Reno. :)

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
That's a pretty neat mod and I bet it makes for a handy smoker. If that's the worst trouble you get into drinking in a hotel room there's nothing to worry about. :)

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Matt, If I braze the next one you'll read about a guy that suffered life threaten burns while modifying his pipe. I'm not handy. I'm an idiot savant. I'm good at what I do and not much else. lol.

stvalentine

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2015
Northern Germany
did I mention I was drinking
:lol: Hahaha, you have my blessings with this one! In fact there was once a shorter Falcon called the BANTAM. It was just about half of an inch shorter and I have one in my collection.
Good job! :puffy:

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
stvalentine, I own two Bantams. Just not short enough. Also, the Bantams have the older bit style and they just don't clench as well as the newer style. IMHO.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
Yeah, I wouldn't recommend brazing while drinking in a hotel room. While it won't lead to any immoral troubles, it will definitely lead to trouble.

samcoffeeman

Can't Leave
Apr 6, 2015
That poor hotel maid picked those pieces up and said Dammit, they've been smoking crack in my rooms again!

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Here's what I did to my Falcon when I drank too much... It's a nose warmer too. :mrgreen:
image-2-26-17-at-216-pm-600x351.jpg

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Yeah, I was gonna say, Ash, you don't braze but you can Macgyver the thing apart with those little dental floss thingies? Cripes, if I used those things, my teeth would look like a picket fence!

Status
Not open for further replies.