csharp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 28, 2015
Is Faders out of business?

saw this on twitter
@FadersTobacco

Follow Follow @FadersTobacco

More

End of and Era. Fader’s would like to thank ALL of our amazing customers for making us one the Best Tobacconists in the country. Fader’s will miss you ALL!!!! #FadersFamily #EndOfAnEra

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Of the three locations, I was aware of two of them closing up shop and it was rumored that the final location wouldn't remain in business long. It's unfortunate that a tobacconist that was around for so long is closing up for good.

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
Fader's Tobacconist - The End of an Era

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSmwZBT2_Ag

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Please join us in a regional hymn of remembrance and celebration of this fine Baltimore institution.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCODXHR7nRc
jay-roger.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's difficult to sort out the natural lifespan of these shops and online retailers and the pressures of regulatory changes. Probably it's all mixed. My local B&M is hanging on, doing pretty well, surrounded by gentrification of its neighborhood. Our Tinder Box at a nearby mall closed, but it may have moved to a mall in a nearby city, or a new franchise may have opened. I haven't tracked down the details. The online retail, overall, seems pretty vital. I'm sorry for Faders and its customers; that's a loss.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Woodsman (of the youtube link above) is a member here.

I didn't know the Towson store closed as well, that's the last one. Another sad day for Marylanders. I'd thank someone for that, but its political, so I'll bite my own tongue.

comrade2sc

Lurker
Dec 1, 2018
Does anyone know whether Faders has passed along its' customer list to

another tobacconist? I have been a customer for more than a decade and Faders has been

selling me a "personal " Blend, which was originally compounded by a predecessor

Baltimore area shop , The Tobacco Pouch. I am in California and learned of Fader's closing

when I attempted to place a phone order a few days ago. Fortunately, I have the formula

for the blend. However, I am unaware of anyone in the Bay Area who does this. I would just as

well work with whomever Faders' designates. Is there a contact for ex Faders people?

Recommendations are welcome.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Recommendations are welcome.
You may want to contact The Country Squire in Jackson, Ms. The owner and tobacconist, Jon David Cole, makes private blends.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Good advice on the Country Squire. As far as I know, none of the ex-Faders folks are available. The Chesapeake Pipe club may have a contact, they used Faders for the club meeting. I'm not sure where they landed.

comrade2sc

Lurker
Dec 1, 2018
Thanks Guys. I assume you are Guys.

I contacted the Country Squire and they

seemed receptive. I have been smoking this

blend for nearly 50 years. I am not in the mood

to experiment.
Regards

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Most of us are, yes, although we do have a few females like Witch of the Hollow. Welcome from upstate SC, comrade; glad to have you here!
Bill

dbcooper

Lurker
Aug 22, 2018
Just a confirmation from a former denizen of Faders, yes all locations are closed, the Towson shop had been open up until a few months ago, but it was running of fumes anyway. They (or whoever owned the merchandise because the ownership situation of faders was complicated) sold off all their good inventory on ebay a while ago. You can find former regulars and ex-employees at the chesapeake pipe club & charm city pipe club. Both clubs meet at the same location on different days of the month. Nothing like the old Faders hangout but it something.

gerryp

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
I used to stop in the Fader's Annapolis store on my way to the Eastern Shore. It was a nice store, I'm sorry to see that it's gone. It's good to see that my DC area regulars, Davidus and Tobacco Shack, are still around (knock on wood).

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
@woodsroad:

The meeting spot is:
The QG

31 S Calvert St, Baltimore, Maryland 2120
It's one of those upscale barber shops/lounges. I've never attended a meeting (driving 90 minutes to/from Baltimore in the evening isn't my idea of a good time), but the meetings look very well attended. They have a Facebook page for info.
Here's picture from that page. And, look, a girl is there.
44833092_2458486634166747_8076666707134906368_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.