Experience With Squadron Leader with Perique?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

btp79

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2018
Sugar Land, TX
Has anyone tried this blend and if so is it something they would either add to their rotation (supply allowing) or consider cellaring?
Thank you-
Billy

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Wow...glad I didn't hesitate.
"this is the classic English blend you know and love, with the addition of the truffle of condiment tobaccos: Perique."
I hate truffle oil. Tastes like brake fluid.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
"this is the classic English blend you know and love, with the addition of the truffle of condiment tobaccos: Perique."
That's the very thing I didn't care for. I like Squadron Leader, and the Perique changed the taste far too much for my liking.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Hmmm this is something new for me ... I have seen the green squadron leader tin on some facebook pages, but didn't arouse my curiosity. Perhaps I will give it a try. Not much of a fan of perique when used in excess...

pandapiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2018
I did see it earlier on but kept the TAD in check, having managed to snag a couple tins of Bothy.. There's no guarantee I'd like it, as I'm not a fan of perique. I opted to leave it to those who'll likely enjoy it more than I.

canadianpuffer

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2017
3000 tins with the 6 tin limit means it could be gone in 500 orders. The kinda thing you had to jump on like the C&D small batch

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
Shane Ireland's hints about a limited release a day or two after the most recent Pipes Magazine Radio Show episode was released were a bit postmature. It was all sold out hours before the show aired.

spartan99

Can't Leave
Mar 10, 2017
It does give you a hint of how many orders they must get, although I'm sure desirable limited releases cause spikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.