PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
As it usually happens I end up looking around online trying to find a deal and a free $5 is a surefire way to get me there even if it was due to a backoredered item never becoming available. Unfortunate yes, but never a deterrent so here I go think hey this is basically free shipping until that is I start poking around and say hey I may as well shoot for the $100 and get the actual free shipping. Such is life and PAD... What started out as grabbing some Capstan Blue to cellar turned into; may as well give the new three nuns a go and I wonder what pipes they have available for around $50. So looking around I spotted the nice walnut color and super thick walls of this Bjarne and I was smitten. Best rationale ever actually; I have three Italian, American, and English pipes in my rotation; I may as well have three Danes and most importantly provides me the oppurtunity to look for two French pipes. Feel free to point out any countries I need to look into; and yes Canada is on the list. I know there are a lot of you guys on here. So heres what I'll be expecting sometime next week to go with my Stanwell and Royal Danish:
pipes-cigars-tobacco_2270_202139348

Happy smoking everybody! I'm looking forward to trying this dark fired Three Nuns too; a couple of recent articles have sold me on that. Take Care.

May 31, 2012
That's a good looker!
One of my favorite shapes too,

kinda reminds me of a Stanwell 19.
Congrats on the good score,

you gotta bargain!

:puffy:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like the fulsome grain and the sturdy shank and stem. Looks like it will give many years of enjoyment.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Thanks guys; I'm really looking forward to its arrival and I picked up an estate Chacom too. Nothing fancy, but maybe one day I'll have a U.N. of pipes.

Jan 8, 2013
I have a Bjarne Viking Classic. Mine is one of the Houstons, with the darker stain. I love the heck out of that pipe. Trust me, the photos don't do them justice. When you see it in person you'll be overjoyed. I think they could easily get away with charging more for those than they do.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
It really is better in person and surprisingly light. Everything lines up perfect and it is an impeccably cool dry smoke. I enjoyed some Capstan blue with it yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.