PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
It sure is. I'm not concerned about it any more. I'll wait a couple of years until the hoarders buy a thousand tins and maybe I'll buy one or two. The VaBur version is good, but not good enough to hoard.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
If Mac Baren were smart they would remake the Three Nuns to the original recipe with Perique, if they did they would sell tons of it and it would be their number one selling blend. Hell I would buy 150 tins.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
If Mac Baren were smart they would remake the Three Nuns to the original recipe with Perique, if they did they would sell tons of it and it would be their number one selling blend.
Absolutely. They could charge 20 bucks a tin and it would still sell.
Hell I would buy 150 tins.
That would be why I was all set to order my measly couple of tins at noon, today. :mrgreen:

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
pitchfork, you are right they could charge a serious premium which would definitely cover their costs for the Perique and added labor. It would be their most profitable seller I bet.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Rothnh: I'm smoking the current version at this moment. It is good, but not great or magical. I enjoy it for what it is, but if and when you try it, you'll discover there are better blends in this genre. I'd have bought all the VaPer version I could have if that had been offered, because that is my all time favorite smoke. This version is just a good smoke.
Sorry about going on and on about it. I just can't hide my disappointment. I'm glad I still have some tins of the old version. Guess I pop open one one of these days, and relive happier smoking times with my favorite blend.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Same feelings here too guys.... 3 Nuns just went from "can't wait" to "ho hum" in my eyes... too bad.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Maybe if you all sent them an e-mail requesting it... you could get the ball rolling.
Anyone want to draft up a petition e-mail for everyone to copy and paste and send off to them? :puffy:

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Maybe if you all sent them an e-mail requesting it... you could get the ball rolling.
I would be surprised if they are not keeping an eye on these forums too..........

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I believe Mac Baren has the opportunity to hit a grand slam if they were to re introduce the original formula Three Nuns. The original is a great Vapor that ages incredibly well. After a decade it turns jet black, still has a ton of perique spice and nose and the Virginia's get sweeter and the whole combo wreaks of raisins and figs.
I will buy one tin each of the Capstan Blue and Yellow flakes to see how it is. If I like them then I will load up. I have never bought more than one tin of something I have never tried before so no one has to worry about me cleaning out SP on the initial release.

peter70

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2013
It seems, the accountants have won on 3N. At least I can remove it from the list. The current production was not to my liking and I dumped most of the tin.
Best regards,

Peter

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
MacBaren's ad sez Tolkien and Lewis used to smoke Three Nuns. If they were alive and tried the VaBur version, they'd switch brands. Or their religion.

peter70

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2013
coalsmoke, MacBaren already produces a lot of coin cuts with Dark Fired Kentucky. I'm pretty sure, they just have to omit the MB casing from Dark Twist and you get your 3 Nuns.
Best regards,

Peter

john218

Part of the Furniture Now
May 5, 2012
Connecticut
The responses on the forum are not that enthusiastic about the news. I'll order a tin of each to try eventually, but I'm in no hurry.
I don't think a blend that has been changed from a Vaper to a Virginia/Burley should bear the same name, but I guess the bean counters see no problem with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.