PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I use the high test Everclear here in Oregon. It's sold behind the counter. You have ask for it, but it's less than $15.00 for 750ml. The store proprietor told me he has to register sales of it with the DHS but I'm not sure I believe that.

stanwebber

Lurker
Mar 26, 2013
I've been using a 750ml bottle of this for the last 5 years:

114591L.jpg

Polmos Spirytus Rektyfikowany 192 Proof
$16 for 750ml, $35 for 1.75l at Binny's in the Chicago area. About half the bottle is gone.

ekert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 26, 2018
I tried the 190 proof in college, we used it to make jungle juice.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The N.C. ABC store (state authorized liquor store) sells grain alcohol, legalized moonshine I think. I'm not sure about the percent alcohol, but I guess it's a similar product.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Haven't walked a beat in years but, Everclear was the potable of choice for many of our steady inebriates. No Boone's Farm for them!
The regulars I always ran on drank rubbing alcohol..not to mention huffing the Gold spray paint.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
I use the Spirytus as well, because I make nalewka, a Polish drink with it. People use it to clean their pipes, but yes, people drink Everclear and the others. But usually after using it for some infusion, often cutting it in the process. Also, many tonics and tinctures are made with it. But you can't beat these for pipe cleaning.

davek

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 20, 2014
190 grain alcohol is commonly used to make flaming drinks. A teaspoon of 190 on top and light. Another common use is in punch. One bottle will alcohol-ize a bowl of punch nicely.
Drunks I used to work with who drank straight whiskey exclusively (actually, I was one of them for a time), would mix a fifth of 190 with a quart of ginger ale for an about 80 proof drink.

kickinbears

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 21, 2018
The VABC nearby just started carrying this. I’ve been using 151 rum, which I find resonantes really well with a navy flake if I’m sweetening a pipe for that blend. 151 rum hasn’t caused me any issues with other blends, especially after a few bowls
Hoping I can get some Everclear in travel, single shot size to compare.

Status
Not open for further replies.