PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Have you ever noticed how the moderators save us from ourselves? No gruesome details, but on more than several occasions the moderators have closed a thread before I said too much. It's like shy people at the microphone who suddenly can't stop talking. Thanks mods, present and past.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
CwGjOMeXYAA8bTJ.jpg
8O

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
I hate closing threads, really, I do. When I became a mod for the first time, one of the mods told me 'whenever you don't know what to do, just think what Kevin (owner) would have done'. I think it was Michael aka Cosmic who told me that, maybe not. And that really makes my job easier. The worst part of being a mod is, sometimes you have to stay out of the fun. You see other kids running and playing outside, but you have to stay inside and study. By the way, I don't see a reason to close this one. I am also IBTL if there is going to be one :nana:

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
'whenever you don't know what to do, just think what Kevin (owner) would have done'.
That's easy...Kevin's smart enough to just stay out of it all and let the Mods deal with us hooligans.
What you Mods need are sub-Mods to delegate the dirty work to.
EDIT: IBTL

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
After a while you develop spidey-mod sense......

When I think "uh-oh", a closure is usually imminent.

And, like Javan just said, it's not something I enjoy doing.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
We're more like rockers. Here's Javan and I, after a tough day of modding, out on a run, helping a stranded motorist. Always helping.
c9d38718179c3f381bff6807dd30912d.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'd be too preoccupied, mind-wandering, to do a good job. I'd miss at least half the calls. I have a cat like that, Fred, who forgets he's scratching his ear and leaves his hind paw in the air. He even gets distracted when I put down his food sometimes. I sympathize with him a lot. I had many career ambitions as a kid, from stand-up comic to minister and many others, but law enforcement was never one of them.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
When I became a mod for the first time, one of the mods told me 'whenever you don't know what to do, just think what Kevin (owner) would have done'.
Wouldn't mean putting on a snazzy jacket and tie and getting drinks and dinner down the street?

Jan 8, 2013
A David Mann painting. Thanks, Al.
I grew up on those, as the Easyrider centerfolds.
I had the one where the ghost cowboy is riding his horse alongside the biker, a tapestry, hanging in my bedroom. I wish I still had that.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Ghost Rider is a classic,
I used to have Sunset Boulevard hanging in my barracks room.
I was going to post images but I think his estate might object and, unfortunately, he slid a few racist symbols in. :(
jay-roger.jpg

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
That's easy...Kevin's smart enough to just stay out of it all and let the Mods deal with us hooligans.
Actually, he is the one who jumps on those enigmatic/weird threads when we are hesitant.
When Al said
We're more like rockers. Here's Javan and I, after a tough day of modding, out on a run, helping a stranded motorist. Always helping.
he meant:
article-1326261-0BE50A1F000005DC-62_468x323.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.