Evacuated - Sonoma County Fires (Rescued My Pipes)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
That sucks. Glad you are out, and prayers for the fires to be contained quickly. I’ve only had to evac once, and it was like life was in a blender. Peace for you and your family.

Reactions: gamzultovah

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Best wishes to you & yours...glad you're ok and may your property come through undamaged.

Also, so glad to hear your dog is with you. I hate hearing stories about abandoned pets in these situations.

Reactions: danimalia

augiebd

Lifer
Jul 6, 2019
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Glad you and your family are save. A few years ago between my brothers wedding and reception a wildfire evacuation trapped him and my parents at the reception site away from their (separate) homes that were evacuated. I was able to get to my parents house but not my brothers. It was strange picking the keepsakes for someone else. Both their homes ended up okay.

I will also be praying for a positive turn in the weather and good outcomes. Also, for emergency responders.

Reactions: gamzultovah

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
Wow! So sorry to hear.

I was just reading an article, I think about those fires, they were started by a guy purposely throw lit pieces of paper out this car window, as he drove.

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
Hoping for the best for you and yours and a quick return to normalcy.

Your situation makes me wonder what non-essentials I’d take.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Glad you're OK.

Haha, you rushing back to get them pipes reminded me of a dream I had once: it was the end of the world and the large doors of the church across the street from my old house were closing: anyone going in would be saved; anyone left outside would be dished. Standing in the middle of the street facing the church I remembered a half-full tankard of ale I had placed on the floor, behind the couch to hide it from my mum. The doors were almost closed, only a narrow opening left through which a person could barely slip sideways. And closing. I turned back, looked at the couch and thought of my ale. Closing. Like lightning I sprinted home, jumped tiger-like over the couch, landed curled into a ball, grabbed the tankard and raced to the church! I barely got in and the door slammed shut behind me. I had saved myself AND my ale! :col:

Humblepipe

Lifer
Sep 13, 2019
Guerneville, CA
Glad you're OK.

Haha, you rushing back to get them pipes reminded me of a dream I had once: it was the end of the world and the large doors of the church across the street from my old house were closing: anyone going in would be saved; anyone left outside would be dished. Standing in the middle of the street facing the church I remembered a half-full tankard of ale I had placed on the floor, behind the couch to hide it from my mum. The doors were almost closed, only a narrow opening left through which a person could barely slip sideways. And closing. I turned back, looked at the couch and thought of my ale. Closing. Like lightning I sprinted home, jumped tiger-like over the couch, landed curled into a ball, grabbed the tankard and raced to the church! I barely got in and the door slammed shut behind me. I had saved myself AND my ale! :col:

Yes... save yourself AND your ale. I like that.

Reactions: kurtbob

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Send word when you can. I imagine it is a highly unsettled situation, and I hope you are doing okay.

Humblepipe

Lifer
Sep 13, 2019
Guerneville, CA
Thanks for asking scloyd. We are back in our house. The fire did not get to our property. Still waiting fro some utilities to come back online, but happy to be home. 4000 firefighters fought bravely and the fire is now 80% contained. It is the largest fire in our county's history with 80,000 acres burned so far. Over 70,000 people faced mandatory evacuation notices.

Status
Not open for further replies.