PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
imag0267-600x336.jpg

This morning I realize I have let my Ebay purchases collect up on me, a years worth totaling just under $500, now to clean em up and bring em back to life.
I got a lot of work this weekend

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Looks like an excellent stable. A few need work on brightening the stems, but few if any look really ratty, and most look like they just need an energetic cleaning, and some look like they're already cleaned. You have a lifetime supply. Mostly, be judicious with the reamers; that's a quick way to ruin a pipe if you don't do it with care.

lotharen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2016
Very nice collection! Honestly sounds like a fun time cleaning them. I'm looking forward to when I can do the same :)

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
be judicious with the reamers; that's a quick way to ruin a pipe if you don't do it with care
Exactly Sir, I use a stiff nylon brush and Vodka to clean the cake from the bowls, got em all set up for a salt bath, will sit overnight and tomorrow the retort.
A few are in rough shape, 2 Grabows but those are my experimental pipes

randelli

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 21, 2015
I have some to do as well. I will not ask you to spell out what all you are doing; but do you know a good thread for me to reference? Sorry for the hijack...

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
@randelli- Check out rebornpipes.com. Excellent reads, good photos, and you can pick up a lot of good tips.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
Check out rebornpipes.com. Excellent reads, good photos, and you can pick up a lot of good tips.
And add some vids on you tube, (briarville ric has some good ones up), some are garbage but you can learn from others mistakes
Retort done on all, the last 2 days have proven E Bay clean is not clean, some of the stuff I got out of these pipes look like cola, ugh nasty stuff. gone through 200 pipe cleaners and half a fifth of vodka let'n them sit to thoroughly dry, gota start wit the micro mesh after supper and clean up the chatter

samon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2015
The big gnarly chimney looking one at the bottom middle is particularly sweet!

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
[/quote]The big gnarly chimney looking one at the bottom middle is particularly sweet! [/quote]
It is a Savinelli Capri root briar, bowl is 2 1/2 in tall, and you have good taste my friend

hextor

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 20, 2015
man those pipes are good looking, have fun restoring them.

Status
Not open for further replies.