PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I really don't think they are worth the hype either. The whole unicorn thing just makes it more of a turn off for me too. Plus, I like Margate and And So To Bed better.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
I just smoked the other half of the 1st flake. I still like it. Minimal tongue bite but actually what I like most is the nicotine effect. Which makes me wonder why there are differences in the effect we all get.
Good to hear you enjoyed both halves of the flake. I would hate to see a thread started where you argue with yourself about how much you love/hate Stonehaven!! :lol:
I was gifted a few flakes of Stonehaven in November. It was from a fresh batch and I must say that I enjoyed it very much. I wouldn't hesitate to scoop some up if the chance came up. :puffy:

sw0snuff3r

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2014
I'm not a huge fan of latakia so this one interests me more than Penzance just to see what all the hype is about. It's interesting to see how divisive the opinions of it are.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I'm with you Jeff! How can such terrific tobaccos be so off the charts divisive? Only these two tobaccos and no others present such divisiveness. It's mystifying to me.
Nate, I don't think it's the blends. I think it's the hyperbole and ensuing antics, coupled with the small supply, that amps up the rhetoric. Every blend has its fans and detractors. But not every blend gets thread after thread devoted to it, the wondrous splendor of it, and the issues with obtaining it. Some people get pissed off because they can't ever find it. Others get pissed off because they did find it, or paid a premium to get it, didn't experience an orgasm or reach a higher state of consciousness, just had a decent smoke.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Sable, yeah that's pretty much the conclusion I came to as well. Anytime something is popular there will ALWAYS be a vocal minority of those who aren't fans. Justin Beiber is one of the top "recording artists" of all time. I've never even listened to one of his songs, yet I HATE that kid on principal. I'm not staying Stonehaven is a douche pop star, but you get the idea ;)

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
Hey, it's a good week. There is actually only one thread on the main page related to Esoterica... this one. That might be a record.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
After being on this forum for a few years now, and all the Penzance threads, I just realized that it's "Esoterica...not Esterotica...this whole time I've been reading it wrong. Mind blown...

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Justin Beiber is one of the top "recording artists" of all time. I've never even listened to one of his songs, yet I HATE that kid on principal. I'm not staying Stonehaven is a douche pop star, but you get the idea ;)
Damn Nate, you just made spit coffee. That was funny as hell.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Justin Beiber is one of the top "recording artists" of all time. I've never even listened to one of his songs, yet I HATE that kid on principal. I'm not staying Stonehaven is a douche pop star, but you get the idea ;)
Damn Nate, you just made me spit coffee. That was funny as hell.

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
Some people get pissed off because they can't ever find it. Others get pissed off because they did find it, or paid a premium to get it, didn't experience an orgasm or reach a higher state of consciousness, just had a decent smoke.
X2 Sable. You nailed it. Both Penzance and Stonehaven are great, but they could hardly be expected to live up to the hype. They are just tobacco after all.

lunchie

Lurker
Feb 16, 2015
My overall opinion on it is its good, if you can find (reasonably priced) it buy it, if you can't find it don't spend the insane internet prices to obtain it.
It is out there and easier to get then you'd think, you just have to go hunting for it. The easiest way is, find out if your local B&M orders through Arango. If you don't have a B&M ask the local discount tobacco shops if they can order through Arango. Once you find someone who orders through Arango, have them order the Esoterica blends you want. You will have more Penzance and Sobranie then you can ever smoke. It will still be hard to get Stonehaven and the Butera's since they only seem to be available every so often.
I haven't tried to get the local b&m to order any Germains yet so I'm not sure how easy it is to get their hard to find blends. But, I plan on talking to them next time I'm in because I'm hooked on Medium Flake ha!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I bought 14 pounds of Stonehaven from December 2012 to about April 2013. I got most of it from small mom and pops with no internet presence. I also got about 5 pounds in trade. The only bag I got from one of the big sponsors on this site was from 4noggins. Start calling mom and pops in the low tax states and you just might strike gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.