PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zion

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 5, 2019
“Put on your smoking jacket, pour a glass of vintage port, let your Golden Retriever settle at your feet and enjoy this superlative mixture while you chronicle the day’s events in your diary”

Reality is that I’ve got on a post run t-shirt, a glass of Ardbeg Uigeadail, a Welsh Terrier at my bare feet, this superlative mixture and chronicling it all here on pipesmagazine.com.

2 match sticks is all she took to burn a big bowl in the Ferndown this evening.

This mixture is one of my Esoterica favorites to have with single malts. It’s well behaved and tends to stay in-bounds more so than it’s brethren. It allows peaty malts to shine without distractions.
Recommended? But of course.

gerryp

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
I can't smoke '...And So To Bed'.

I don't keep a journal for fear of boring future readers to death.

The dog is too fat to fit under the computer desk. There are 2 black cats. but they're hiding somewhere... probably plotting my death and subsequent ingestion.

Reactions: lightmybriar
Oct 7, 2016
ASTB is a wonderful blend. Rich and full but like all Esoterica's, it's refined. Mike Butera is a genius.
The recipe predates Mike Butera’s acquisition of the rights to Esoterica from Steve Richman. Part of the original lineup Steve selected. Doesn’t take anything away from my respect for Mike.

Reactions: oldtoby

oldtoby

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 7, 2011
Geezer, any idea how long Penzance has been around?

I have a small stash of pre-Butera from 1996 but have no clue as to when Penzance was first introduced.

Oct 7, 2016
My recollection is 1989. Could have been 1988. Mike Butera, btw, has exquisite tobacco taste buds in addition to his skills as a pipe maker.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I just finished an audiobook version of the Diary of Samuel Pepys, which was very good. I’d try ASTB for that reason alone if I liked Latakia. Maybe they’ll make a nice mild VaOr and call it “Up Betimes” as morning mixture.

Status
Not open for further replies.