PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I have tried every different rubbing and packing method for Escudo and sometimes I like it folded and stuffed and other times I like it fully rubbed out. I actually cut out the center of enough coins to stack them in a tall billiard once...that smoke lasted for 2 hrs and was amazing.

grizzly86

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 5, 2012
Well got some very good news and decided to celebrate by smoking some of this. My Nording isn't in yet so I loaded up my meerschaum.
I balled up a medallion and 1/2 and it barely hit the halfway mark in the bowl; I decided to keep it there to try it and I'm glad I did this stuff smoked forever :). Right out of the tin it could have used a little drying time as it was just shy of how I like it, and took about 6 matches to light sufficiently with long slow draws. To be honest the first half of it I was wondering what all the fuss was about; it was ok, a little spice/pepper but was not really impressed. It went out on me after I had smoked about half of it and upon relight...BAM. There was the spice I had been looking though I think I would have liked just a little more. The Vitamin N was darn near perfect; enough to relax, but not enough to knock one on their ass. I could have used just a little more body to it, but that is just my being picky and I may change my mind by the time I finish the tin. I will definitely make sure I always have a tin of this on hand now.
By the way, the good news I got was that my interview went very well with the locale ambulance company. Hopefully I will soon be employed through them as an EMT saving lives.

Jul 12, 2011
Dry time is key with this one as all flakes IMHO, get a good hour or

so of air and this stuff is amazing, too moist and you will get a hot muted

steam smoke :-(
I find each blend has it's sweet spot on air time; this varies of course

on your temp/humidity
@ 65 with low humitiy these are my best times worked out

-Escudo - 1 hour dry time out of tin

-Marlin flake - 12-24 hours out of tin

-MC flakes - ""

-SG flakes - ""

-C&D's flakes and broken flakes - a few hours to 24 hours
Give dry times a real go, you might just be surprised at just how

good the blend becomes....Also watch out for over heat'in those high

sugar blends...will turn your mouth to road-rash real fast....slow

sip'in wins every time

thbg

Might Stick Around
Aug 30, 2011
I just recently tried Escudo for the first time too after several years of smoking a lot of various VA flakes. It was close to a religious experience. I have been going through my tin like crazy, have more on order and am telling everyone to buy this for me for xmas and my birthday from now on!

Status
Not open for further replies.