PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

trudger

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2019
‘Burbs of Detroit
Sweet old Ford Mahew!! Love the fact that it is not hacked into a rod. People would never believe the old cars,trucks, and motorcycles people have around here. Glad to have a fellow Michigander in the mix, we turn up everywhere. Do you have any Cayuga pipes from Paul’s up in Flint? Great place to stop on the way Up North!

economistandfisherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 11, 2018
Welcome..and beware of the "preferred" members, for many of them (not all), it's like arguing with your wife!
bang-head-here.jpg

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Hello, Eric. Trudge on in.
Econo, preferred members are just those who have accrued a certain number of posts and been registered a certain amount of time, just like you did, going from "new member" to "member".
It's not really a category of persons worth denigrating, as you, too, will become one if you stick around.
Now, I guess I have to go see A Knight's Tale. Any good? Rotten Tomatoes gives it 50%.
jay-roger.jpg

trudger

Jan 1, 2019
‘Burbs of Detroit
Yo @bouwser west side people are so chill! My son goes to school at Ferris. Love the D but can’t wait to GTFO to north of the 45th parallel.
@davet gotta watch the crows, steal your smokes and hit on your girl.
@economistfisherman I’m from Detroit man, I got this. Thanks for the heads up and welcome.
@jtex you wordsmith. Miss the movie, spend time with someone you love.

bouwser

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 8, 2018
Yo @bouwser west side people are so chill! My son goes to school at Ferris. Love the D but can’t wait to GTFO to north of the 45th parallel.
In many ways, yes we are. My wife grew up near Pontiac/Keego Harbor area. She could never see herself moving back. I wouldn't be able to handle the driving among so many people. Do you have a place up north?

trudger

Jan 1, 2019
‘Burbs of Detroit
I live near Keego in Bloomfield Twp. My parents have had a place in Elk Rapids since I was a kid. Spent summers there sailing and fishing the Boardman and Jordan rivers. Lived in Marquette going NMU so I could fish, hunt birds, camp, and go to school. Pattern was set in the north near big water and rivers haha. Stuck in Metro D making a living and raising kids. I complain yet have made a nice life here with my family.

You get up north or live far enough that it’s your back yard? I heard there’s a pipe cub in GR?

bouwser

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 8, 2018
I live near Keego in Bloomfield Twp. My parents have had a place in Elk Rapids since I was a kid. Spent summers there sailing and fishing the Boardman and Jordan rivers. Lived in Marquette going NMU so I could fish, hunt birds, camp, and go to school. Pattern was set in the north near big water and rivers haha. Stuck in Metro D making a living and raising kids. I complain yet have made a nice life here with my family.

You get up north or live far enough that it’s your back yard? I heard there’s a pipe cub in GR?
My in-laws live off of Orchard Lake road in Bloomfield now. Used to live in Sylvan Lake.
I do get up north quite often. My wife, kid and I try to make at least one trip a summer. Last and this summer to Crystal Lake. Now Marquette is where it is at. I absolutely love it up there and wish I had known about NMU when I was looking at schools. Metro D is good. There is plenty to do and great people taboot.
Yes there is a pipe club. I am fairly new to this smoking pipe thing, so I have just joined the club in 2019. I'll try to make the first meeting (unless I've missed it already) but the weather is supposed to be frightful tomorrow (I think the meeting is tomorrow though it may have been last Monday.).

mahew

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 30, 2017
Kentucky Hills and Hollers
Oddly enough, I was at Paul’s yesterday with my son. We both have a Cayuga or two. It’s worth noting that they have a 40% off deal on T. Cristiano Pipes right now. I think through the end of the month.
Small world, I went to Northern as well. Used to be a cool pipe shop up there. I can’t remember for the life of me what it was called though. It’s been a few years.
Thanks on the truck. The old girl is still powered by a flathead.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like the Corvid avatar and also the photo on the thread. Crows, ravens, jays, etc. are extremely smart and fun to get to know, if you can. Welcome aboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.