PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Wasn't the version I smoked '02-'04 topped? I remember it being called the Imperial version though I'm not reading that that is correct. I adored whatever it was!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
It was topped. A little anise and rum. Orlik got it early in 2004. Can't recall who made it before that.

Jan 8, 2013
I'm just sorry I missed that thread before the lock. It was an entertaining read though. I know a few veterans and one thing they've never done is brag about, "I helped topple a regime... blah... blah... blah... did you even serve... blah... blah... blah..."

menuhin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2014
... Orlik got it early in 2004. Can't recall who made it before that...
It's written "The contents of this package are the goods of the successors of J. & F. Bell, Glasgow" and "Made in England". It's a trigger way to paraphrase that it was no longer made in Glasgow.

My Glasgow tin in round shape has yet to be finished, so I don't have to open this square tin yet. And they are really rare resources for me so I always find excuses to say the occasion is not special enough to taste them. For the knowledge of blends, I definitely have to rely on experienced forum members like Jim who has been through the history of quite a few historical blends.
In 2018, I can enjoy something new: smoking Doblone d'Oro in my pipes while staring at the TN tins in my cellar.

On a daily basis, I smoke mostly English/Lat oriental mixture though. And if I crave for VaPer, I'll go grab my aged Marlin Flake; and for coin cut with a touch of VaPer, I do miss something, a lot indeed: Motzek Strang.

thomasw

Dec 5, 2016
Happy New Year to all you shortbusgangsta busters! Jim, I am sure you are enjoying that VAper TN right about now... Happy smokes into 2018 everyone! CigarM, I hope you and Peck create more ripples in the Force in 2018 :puffy:

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Happy New Year All!
It's interesting that the yutz formerly known as shortbusimatool generated more comments by his rapid and hysterical flameout than he actually generated. Thank you shortbus! You wouldn't happen to know a guy named Haja, would you?

jitterbugdude

Mar 25, 2014
I missed all the fun too.. I was hoping someone would have brought up the " but is it "REAL" Perique" sub thread.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
He raised some good points. Maybe too good.
Indeed. But in the wrong way, which guaranteed an explosion instead of the discussion that is happening here.
Hopefully he will mend that and return.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I think most forums refuse registrations by a banned ID if reused; I don't think they do so by IP, which is what is really needed. Given that people don't change, he'd probably get in trouble again though it seemed he'd been around pipes for some time.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
If you are a Mod with a flamer on your hands sign up for this neat service..... https://www.poopsenders.com nothing speaks volumes like a pound of elephant sh*t! :rofl:

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
You guys convinced me to read the thread. The only thing I have to say is: Hawky454 Did you really think deertongue was the tongues from deer?
Ummmm, no. Did it come across that way? I used that as an example of something that is added to a tobacco blend that is not tobacco but rather a plant or an herb of some sort. I did not think that they were actually slicing up tongues from a deer and putting it in tobacco, that just ridiculous. I did almost buy into there being seaweed in Exotique though, I'll admit to that. I mean why would someone go into such depth about it if it were a flat out lie? Well he did, I guess some people get off on lying. Anyway, I was using that as an example to compare with this Shortbus Gangsta (wannabe) He was probably just flat out lying about all of this. I can almost guarantee that he was lying about who he was as he didn't appear to even be old enough to legally smoke a pipe.
Btw, I'm a fan of the use of Deer tongue in blends. Crooner is an outstanding example of fine use of Deer Tongue. Jitterbugdude also created his own blend from his homegrown tobacco where he uses some DT and I must say I enjoyed that one very much, too.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
https://www.poopsenders.com
Talk about getting on the "shit" list... :rofl:

UCVuNbH.png

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
When he got off onto his "I'm a macho military man" bullshit, I thought he was going to treat us all to a full-on "I'm Hub McCann" rant a la Robert Duvall. I was kind of disappointed he didn't, to tell the truth.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I still say that the original 3 Nuns has a cinnamon topping, I was actually in the factory when they came up with the original recipe and I specifically remember them grabbing a big jar of cinnamon (mixed with sugar of course) and dousing the coins with it..... :nana:
I was there, I swear! Don't you believe me fellas???

Status
Not open for further replies.