PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

admiral

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2017
He was right to challenge Jim's opinion, everyone has right to disagree with another's opinion.

But to keep bitching after Jim clearly stated that he still has the "original" mixture and smokes it on occasion .....

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Ok, I just read the entire "Bell's Three Nuns" post.
Mr. Short Bus raised an interesting issue about 3 Nuns and Peter Heinrich Curly being one and the same, but couldn't provide any corroborating evidence to support his claims. When challenged on this, he turned defensive and gunned down the entire forum. Maybe that kind of behavior was useful back when he was toppling regimes, but I'm sure that it hasn't served him well in the intervening years.
Kudos to Jim for handling this so well. He responded in the calm and super-informed manner that we all respect him for. I would not have been so restrained. Jim is the better man for it.
Virginialover won the internets for his retorts, though. Good on ya', Bunnyman!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I thought Jon G summed it up nicely:
About you, shortbus, all I know is that you offer unsupported (and perhaps unsupportable) assertions, and that your posts are so agitated as to verge on hysteria. Speaking for myself, taking a contrary view is always welcome; violent opinioneering and sarcasm are not.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Al, I was just about to go all out flame war on his ass and you closed the thread before I could let go my salvo. You know your supposed to check with me before you close a thread I was about to have some fun with...right? :nana:
This place needs a good flame war here and there, lets face it, we all love a good one. Ok some may not like them, but I sure as shit do. The part about "toppling regimes" that was one of the funniest things I have read on this forum in the all my years here, you cannot make that stuff up.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Yes, good flame wars are entertaining, sometimes enlightening. While some good ripostes, the thread turned pathetic. Totally agree with Jon G's comments.

brightleaf

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2017
You guys convinced me to read the thread. The only thing I have to say is: Hawky454 Did you really think deertongue was the tongues from deer?

I am not sure what plant Deertongue is exactly, either Carphephorus odoratissimus or Trilisa odoratissima. I've believe it is supposed to have a similar flavor as vanilla but contains coumarin which makes it more risky to use than vanilla.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Although I've whined about Three Nuns changes in its versions, the most I can do is boycott the current version. Writing and reading about it has become boring, so I missed all the excitement, which is good for an excitable nature.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
I read through that thread two or three times. I'll give gangstaboy this, he brought a lot of entertainment to the thread. None of it his, but the way you guys roasted his taters and the way the old boy kept coming back for more was hilarious. Talk about a beat down!
Anyway, Happy New Year to all of you fine folks!

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Although I've whined about Three Nuns changes in its versions, the most I can do is boycott the current version. Writing and reading about it has become boring, so I missed all the excitement, which is good for an excitable nature.
Just be happy there's Savinelli Doblone D'Oro.
And Happy New Year to anyone reading this.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
In celebration of New Years' and shortboy's disappearance, I'm going to open a vintage tin of Three Nuns at midnight!! :D :puffpipe:

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Although I will admit to a sleeping taster when I smoked 50g of Doblone d'Oro earlier this year, I didn't think it as good as the one version of Three Nuns during '02-'04. I didn't think to compare the two, but had it tasted like the last version of 3Nuns that I smoked, I do believe I would have remembered. Whatever, I still have the other 50g so now I'm excited to smoke it.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Salted Plug: I agree with you. Unfortunately, the Doblone d'Oro is the closet thing to VaPer Three Nuns made today. Wish we still had the original with the same tobacco sources. I'd be swimming and smoking in it if we did! But, Doblone d'Oro is still a real good blend, and all things considered, I'm glad we have it around.

Status
Not open for further replies.