PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I tried to log in awhile ago, and the site would not load. Using another computer without being logged in, I could see the forum fine. I did a bit of digging and found the "Miserable User" add-on for vBulletin which does this. Looks like I've been "shadow banned."
I am guessing this is a mistake, since as far as I know, I broke no rules and never received any negative feedback from any admins. "Miserable User" is normally used for people who keep signing up for new accounts after the old ones are banned, and it's very rare to use it on someone for even a first offense.
Anyway, I'd like to contact the forum admins but the "contact@pipesmokersforum.com" email elicited no response. Anyone know someone over there who can answer this?

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
Couldn't tell you..this is pipesmagazine.com...not sure how they do it at pipesmokersforum.com..but here, you can email admin@pipesmagazine.com

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Thanks, bonehed. I sent him this:
I recently found myself shadow-banned from PipeSmokersForum.com using the "Miserable User" method which is available as an option to vBulletin. I found this curious, as this method is generally used for repeat offenders who have registered multiple accounts, and also because I am unaware of (1) any rules I broke or standards I violated and (2) received no feedback from admins on this matter.
I replied to the official email address of the forum to no avail. I consider it bad form to register another account to ask about this, so am asking you here if you can explain why this happened and what I can do to rectify it.
We'll see if it gets any response or gets completely ignored like the earlier messages.

4noggins

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2013
deathmetal,
Here is the info you requested. It seems to complicated a question for the other posters to answer.
art@smokersforum.org
Rich

4noggins.com

bonehed

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2014
Luckily for us stupid folk, your attitude comes in loud and clear... guess I'll take my stupid money elsewhere 'to'.

4noggins

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2013
The guy asked a simple question. Why is it that he has to get smart ass answers???
Why can't someone just simply answer him???
Rich

4noggins

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
There seems to be some talking at cross purposes here. The OP question is for PSF, not PipeMag or SF...PSF mods,
http://pipesmokersforum.com/community/members/?type=staff
I'm not a member, so I can't help you with an email address...

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Here is the info you requested. It seems to complicated a question for the other posters to answer.
Thank you, Rich. I managed to confuse "Smokers Forum" and "Pipe Smokers Forum" in my article title, and it's the latter I seek, but now you have me browsing SmokersForum. I appreciate the simple and direct answer.
jpberg is the guy you need to contact. He is a mod at PSF and a member in good standing here. I suggest you send a pm to jpberg.
Excellent idea. I've sent him a PM with the text above that I sent to DGErwin and the official forum email contact.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
Yeah that guy went cray cray. Of course Kevin is in this for the money. He's an entrepreneur for crying out loud. This is a voluntary online community, it's not like we're stuck in North Korea. Kind of a self-righteous guy, despite his apparent generosity.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I am sorry to report no response from the forum or its members, from all email and PM contacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.