PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
I thought this would have some real interest for our gang here.
Historical photos
Fifth photo down in this collection is Einstein's desk the day after his death.
Very last photo has a pipe, as well.
(Lot's of other interesting historical photos in the group as well. But be warned, there is some strong content from the war years.)

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
Very cool. Thanks for sharing. I noticed the last picture two of the German soldiers had pipes clenched in their mouthes as they waded the trenches.

grouchydog

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2013
Very, very cool - thanks!
That last pic makes me kind of feel like a wuss for worrying about ghosting, taking apart hot, always twisting clockwise, etc. :)

Aug 14, 2012
This is a great collection of historical pictures. A few comments.

Henry Ford should have been tried and executed as a traitor. But we Americans love our vile wealthy. Only the average guy or the depraved criminal feels the force of justice. Rich guys get a pass. Will this ever change?

I have always wanted to see a picture of an Asian opium den, thanks.

How awful we humans can be to each other! What is wrong with us? Dangling bread in front of starving people? What a huge sin that is.

Laughing at Auschwitz? Certainly "inappropriate" in today's language.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
proof that this is indeed the Insane Asylum of the Universe, nowhere else could things be more screwed up, and it's not going to get any better.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Not only Ford was a NAZI sympathizer but many other celebrities and political figures. Charles Lindberg was one. Eugenics had contemporary scientific approval and was practiced in the United States on the mentally ill and minorities.
I would hope we are more enlightened these days, but I wonder?

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I had a dream two nights ago that I sat down with Einstein for a smoke. He had a huge corn cob pipe. It was a pretty cool dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.